Saturday, October 22, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 290 - The rest of the story

So, it would seem some of you have been asking for details. From what I hear everything is in the details. The thing is, I a wary of getting to detailed, not for me, good God I have thrown enough of me on the page already that the idea that I would be hiding something this good is almost laughable on its face.


Rather, the only reason I a holding back somewhat is because of her, it is a matter or respecting her privacy more than anything I might be hiding. So I am walking a fine line here, saying what I want to share (because I am that happy) and not jumping over that line to that which is too personal for her.


What I will say is that we met a little over a month ago, on this here very page. Because of hockey no less, so all of you that complain about my hockey videos popping up all the time, hate to break it to you, but they seem to work for me.


Well that sucks. I am blogging from breakfast, just ordered two eggs, over easy and they came out over hard. Really, how do you screw up a dippy egg? Is that even possible? By the looks of things, yes, yes it is possible.


Anyway, back to the story. She originally commented on a couple of my hockey videos (turns out she is a hockey fan like me) and me, well I am just nosy. Often times if I don't recognize a name in a comment thread on either my page or a friend's page, I will go ahead and click on the name, just to see where it takes me. Sometimes I will get to a closed page and just turn around and leave, other times I will get on a page, that after poking around and checking things out I will leave a comment or two, or if it is my page that I came from, at least thank them for stopping by. As was the case here, I stopped by to say thanks for the visit (I also commented on her comments on the videos on my page) and what little poking around on her page I did, I liked what I saw. I wouldn't say I was infatuated at that point;, more along the lines of curious; she was someone that I definitely wanted to get to know better.


Apparently she felt the same way, we began to communicate first through the pages themselves, but then our messages became more private. Not because they were sexual in nature, but as I have said before there are some things on this page that you don't get, I do have my lines in the sand I will not cross for your entertainment (what little you can derive from this page), that which is said with an expectation of privacy being one of them. During our exchanges she sent me her email address, I was more than eager to write her. I believe the proper word may be smitten. I don't know if she expected me to write or not, but I am glad I did because I got a wonderful reply, almost as wordy as one of my blogs. Scary isn't it? Someone might write as long as me.


Soon a 4 email exchange became an exchange of ids on messenger, and next thing you know we are talking. Not just talking in the most general of senses either, I think we both ended up talking about things more personal about ourselves that what we would have expected to be saying when we first sat down. And the first time (get you heads out of the gutter kids, or go read my previous blog for that material) everything just clicked. It had to be at least 5 hours before we gave it a break. And pretty much every day since. Anywhere from 5-7 hours is just spent talking to her. And as we got to know more about each other, I admit I was falling in love with her.


Now I know what you guys are thinking, this is a guy who spent the better part of his entire blogging career talking about how comfortable he was being single and firing off fonts of wisdom like “Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed” or “Every day is a day closer to my last day” when describing work. And while I wasn't unhappy at that point in time, I am starting to see how happy I can be, and that is because of her.

This could be the point where I start writing nothing but cliches, but I will refrain and simply say that while we have discussed our feelings for each other, I am not sure she can appreciate the depth of them, because I can't even appreciate it yet. It just seems to keep growing on a daily basis. Sure, I can look back to where I was, say, 6 months ago and appreciate where I am now in that regard, but instead I find myself focusing more on where it is today and just wondering how much better it will be tomorrow.


And there my kids you have it, the whole story or as much as I am willing to tell you. Now if you will excuse me, I seem to have blogged all the way through breakfast (I have a couple of sips of coffee left) and I need to finish up and drag myself into the friendly confines of work for a few hours.

3 comments:

  1. Matthew! Thank you my love! I like to keep my privately. Matthew...Knows everything about me. My life and my past! We are taking things slow! One day we will meet. Then life will never be the same. Now! Let's just sit back and enjoy the ride!
    Matthew! My sweet Matthew I love you so deeply!! Never forget it!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too and enjoy each day with you and look forward to the next. Just had to find the right words to say it here without saying too much, a fine line that hopefully I walked with a certain amount of grace and decorum. Then again, I was at breakfast so I am just glad I didn't get bacon stuck in my keyboard. Love you bunches, miss you more. Have a great day sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen love!!! Tell your friends as much as YOU want. Just not about our personal life! I think you and I are happy for the first time in a long time! Enjoy! It is only going to be better!! Love you!! Yes! Sweetheart! I do miss you already!!

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been