Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 262 - Any better?

 

I guess into every life a little rain must fall is absolutely true, given that it rained again this evening here. But it was actual rain, not the “oh I am going to be all clever and make some sad analogy” type rain. Honest to goodness precipitation. Of course if Beavis and/or Butthead were ever to read this blog, I am sure they would be all “He said Anal-ogy”, followed by their laugh track getting dubbed in.


But before I go getting all too happy here, there is some sad news to report on the homefront. Jo Jo's Diner caught on fire. You may remember the photo of the giant omelet I posted a couple of weeks back, that ended up being two days worth of breakfast to me. It is the very same place. So one of my weekend breakfast places is now off the market for the foreseeable future, as the damage was estimated to be $100,000.


I could go on about the changes on Facebook, many of which I would argue are also bad, but instead I would like to give a thumbs up to Pandora, who is giving a tutorial on how to upgrade a site without making it completely nonfunctional for most users. It is spacier and cleaner without being all boxed into it's little comic strip like feed. Much, much nicer.


And my fantasy teams are off to an okay start, 2-0 in two leagues, but 0-2 in the one I am actually paying for after losing a 110-106 game this week. I am also in a couple of side projects, one is a continuation of a game inside the Madden app on Facebook where you have to pick all of the winners of the NFL games and rank the games 1-16, 16 bei9ng the game you are most sure of down to 1 being the one you are least sure of. The accumulated points are of use later in the Madden game to unlock bonuses. I did quite well for myself, going 14-2 on my selections, only missing the Ravens (14 points, ouch) and the Colts (3 points). And some of the people I am in a fantasy league with also started a survivor pool. For those who haven't been in one it works like this, each week you pick one team you think will win. If you pick wrong you are out. If you pick correctly you advance to the next week, the stipulation being you can't pick a team you have picked previously. So there is a bit of strategy involved, if you pick all of the good teams early, you will have no sure things later in the year but you want to pick a team you are comfortable enough with that you think you can advance another week. The last person left who has not picked a loser is the winner. After two weeks I can quote the Greek philosopher Gloria Gaynor and say “I will survive”.


But that isn't what has me thinking semi positive thoughts this evening. Rather it all goes back to that secret b log I wrote many moons ago. Not that anything has specifically changed since then, heck we haven't even went out since then beyond one outing with a couple other employees, but within the last few days things have been odd in a good kind of way. I am not even sure I can put a finger on why, maybe things elsewhere aren't to her liking, maybe patience is becoming a virtue for me but suddenly I find her offering to do things for me,like yesterday when I was loading up a dolly to take about ten cases of soda down to our other store. Sammy had left to go to the bank, so I could have just waited for him to get back and then both of us run it down together but I figured I could handle it when she asks if she can go with me. Mind you, managers don't do physical labor as a rule, so the fact she was offering to go with me to make sure I don't send product spilling down Smithfield Street was strange. Then she changes her mind and decides rather than taking the dolly we will just load everything into her SUV and drive it down. I am all kinds of cool with that, so I wheel the stuff out, we load it into her vehicle and I go take the dolly back inside. I come out and the passenger side door is already open and waiting for me. Like I said strange. Then we get there and she decides she is going to help unload the truck by grabbing two cases herself. Not that she isn't muscular enough, she does hit the gym a handful of times a week. But me being a guy, if she takes two, I have to take three. The thing is, I have often joked with her she could save on a gym membership and just catch trucks with Sammy and I and she never wants to, so her volunteering for this project was completely out of the blue. But I refuse to read anything more into it than what I just wrote above, it was odd but good. Truth be told, after this past weekend she might have been the perfect company to take my mind off of things. Or at least ably distract me for more than a moment or two.


Anyway, enough prattling from me. Looks like the forecast was right, less suckage on the page. I should forecast more often.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. If it's any help the guy that broke up with me last summer has suddenly changed his tune also. I have gone out with him a couple times in the last 2 weeks. It goes back to a drunken conversation about a month ago that he admitted he handled things badly and mistakes can be undone. True they can be. I'm playing it cool though and not expecting much. I advise you to do the same thing. Let her come to you. Be accommodating but don't pursue the ball, let her keep it in her court and only hit it back when she hits it to you. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I really haven't done anything in the last couple of months and the boyfriend is still in the picture (though there may be issues there). But I am not doingany kind of crazy pursuing or anything, if it happens, great. If not, hey, I still have a job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's exactly how I m looking at this guy. I'm not expecting anything this time. I thought I meant something to him the last time. And I didn't pr maybe I did because he admitted it did things badly and made a mistake. I'm not doing anything this time. He has to come to me and then because he hurt me the last time I am not letting myself get trapped into thinking something else. I don't want to read anything into it. Advice is to enjoy the moments you have together but don't put yourself in a position where you have to make a move. If she comes to you it is of her own volition.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been