Monday, September 12, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 253 - Just stuff

 

Funniest non funny thing I didn't see on TV this weekend. The fact that amid all of the 9/11 coverage of memorials and remembrances and all that jazz, the media couldn't be bothered to spend 5 minutes talking about the 77 soldiers that were injured in Afghanistan when a truck bomb went off outside their base, you know that place we sent them after 9/11 to protect us and stuff. See, it wasn't happening here so it really isn't important. Fucking par for the course.


I realize I am swearing more in the blog recently. I think it is just my overall frustration with things in general. Today I was just getting ready to leave and Ed hands me some pages from today's invoice and asks me to have someone check to see if the prices are correct in the system. Since nobody there has access to the system prices (at least the ability to change them) save for Dee and myself and Dee doesn't know how, I just took the paperwork and started working on it. At best, someone else would have tried scanning the items, but even if the price was wrong or the item wasn't in the system at all, I would have had to fix it, so for me it was just easier to do it myself. Ed tells me I should let someone else do it, too many people are not earning their keep and I say, we are well past that point already.


I have Monday night football on the radio right now. More as background noise than anything else. I know I sure didn't want to sit through the Republican debate tonight. Thankfully I didn't have to, the guys from Red State Update are doing a fine job of keeping me entertained with their updates on Twitter and Facebook. Where else could you get quality info like this, “Tip for Ron Paul: Next debate, don't quote Osama bin Laden.” or “Texas protects life, says Rick Perry. No joke necessary. #CNNTeaParty.” This stuff is priceless.


Oh well, if there was one good thing out of this evening, besides the Red State update guys, it looks like Amy and I are doing breakfast on Sunday, which is nice because it has been a while since we have had breakfast together. Our schedules just haven't meshed for months now, so it is nice that apparently this Sunday they do mesh, after all it was one year ago today that we started doing breakfasts and that lasted for about 6 months before everything fell apart, so getting back into the breakfast swing of things will be cool.


But for now I am calling it a night, I have work in the morning, just not sure I am looking forward to it.

3 comments:

  1. You sound like you need a couple of weeks off to recharge your batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life go on my friend!!! Sweet dreams Matt!!!

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been