Thursday, September 15, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 255 - You got your beer in my blog

 

(Disclaimer
Just my luck, when I go to post this Multiply decides to get all crappy on me. Not that I have written anything of an earth shattering nature, but despite fighting through the fogginess of drinking, to now not be able to post just kind of sucks. Hopefully this will be remedied soon. I can only pick so many fights on Facebook after all.)



Hey kids, what's going on? Just managed to stumble in from the bar, a trip much needed for me but one that comes with it's own set of problems as well. Like I can't type. I know what you are thinking, that I couldn't type before but this is like a night and day thing compared to my normal pecking at the keyboard. I am going back and fixing something every couple of words . That would be bad enough if I were only working on this, but I am busy poking the proverbial hornet's nest over on Facebook with a comment thread and an ongoing chat and posting on a handful of pages here on Multiply. Not sure what it is about alcohol and me this evening that is making me so chatty but spell checking a number of different things at the same time while working with maybe half of my brain is not a good thing.


I tried to keep my cooking to the most basic of things this evening, hot dogs and baked beans. Anything beyond that and the combination of alcohol and open flame could result in a headline on the pages of Fark. That wouldn't be good, though it might provide fodder for tomorrow's blog. Hmm, human sacrifice for the betterment of the page? I don't think I am to that point just yet.


At least work was okay, busy but okay. Another one of those days where it feels like too much is being put on my plate, but I figure at this point I only have to make it till the beginning of October before Ed leaves and I can fall back into a normal routine. We did fire a kid today, one of those good riddance moments. Someone who I referred to in the office as a “lazy piece of shit” proved me correct by not showing up for work again yesterday. The funny thing is I actually offered to bet someone $1 that he wouldn't show up an hour before his shift even started, but they politely declined. Probably good for them, they would have been out a dollar, or one double cheeseburger at McDonald's.


Well before this entry gets much stupider I am going to stop and rescue the franks and beans from the stove top. Just hope there isn't any DUI checkpoints between my laptop and the kitchen, oif there is then I am pretty much screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been