Friday, September 9, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 250 - Housekeeping

 

It's Friday so I guess I will to a little cleaning up here on the blog. Nothing significant is going to happen so if you are the type that wants to know whether or not this blog will be significant in the grand order of 365 things, trust me it will not be.


Rather I just need to update a few things, including the change meter which has tailed off considerably these past couple of months. Only another $1.30 gets added since my last update, so now the total is $308.00. Barring someone dropping a wad of bills at my feet or me finding another monthly bus pass there is almost no way this will hit $400 by the end of the year. Not that I would have expected it to, but I guess that is going to be the next benchmark.


My aunt sent me a little box full of Coke caps the other day, which caused my eyes to get all wide with prospects of getting ever closer to the 8 GB MP3 player, but as I started pawing through the caps and entering in the codes it turns out roughly half of them were already used. Not good. Luckily my friend Phil emailed me the other day and sent along some codes as well, from his habit of drinking Diet Coke. Unlike my aunt's caps, I knew Phil didn't enter any of the codes (not that my aunt did either, but I imagine she just collected them from some friends who did already redeem them) so between the 15 he sent me and the ones my aunt sent that did work, I should still be able to max out on points this week, for the first time in ages. I am 27 points away (9 caps) and I think I should be able to find 9 good codes between what is left in the box and what I find just walking around over the next 24 hours.


I did snag another Amazon gift card from Swagbucks as well. $5 to the Amazon kitty, which is needed after I blew through about $35 in the last month or so. Between MP3 downloads and my recent book order, it is about time I start saving some cash for Christmas. Not that I will do all of my shopping on Amazon, I still have not so fond memories of the watch disaster of last year, but I might get a couple of things over there. With the cheap Kindles down to about $100, I am halfway there (I would be much closer if I hadn't went on my splurge) and I don't think I will need to buy books for a little while, I am enjoying my first read, but it is kind not one of those books that I am banging out 100 pages a night, more like 10-15 on those nights I make time for any reading at all.


See, I told you this would be an unimportant blog in the grand scheme of things. And now I am off to bed, there are rumors of breakfast again tomorrow morning. Just not sure where yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been