Monday, September 1, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 244 - What the fuck was that?

     Today was one of those long days at work today.  We weren't busy, we never are on Labor Day, even though the actual parade runs right out in front of the store.  The Labor Day parade is a lot like a Little League baseball game, a few parents and family members show up to view it and not much else.  So while there were marching bands and hundreds of laborers (on anti-laborers since they were not working) the actual crowd on the sidewalk could probably be counted with just your fingers and maybe a couple of toes.

     Still because I had the weekend off there was a lot for me to do, even if the store wasn't busy.  The accountant was still showing up today and I was about half a week behind on my invoices, the sales numbers still needed done, even if we couldn't go to the bank, Sunday marked the last day of the month so the paperwork would have to be done separately from the sales we do today, so it was easier for me to get it done now rather than tomorrow.  Of course when I got in one of the lottery machines was having an issue dispensing tickets, so I had to fix that, one of the slushie machines was down (I didn't fix that yet), I already had a large order I had to price and put together for Tuesday, the sooner I got that finished the less work I would have tomorrow as well.  I also did an inventory of our cigarette room, printed up our price changes that came in, looks like I will be repricing all king sized and concession box candies this week, went over question Ed had on our coffee prices and reloaded our Freal machine, since we now have Pumpkin Cheesecake milkshakes.

     By the time I got home all I wanted to do was sit down and relax, so I plugged in my laptop and fired it up and it was reading that I was running on battery power.  First I thought maybe something was wrong with the wall plug, so I switched outlets.  Still not working properly, I checked the outlets with other appliances, they worked so my electric wasn't shut off.  I then tried unplugging and replugging my laptop.  It would briefly say it was charging then go back to running off of battery power.  I tried rebooting the computer still nothing.  I even tried blowing the potential dust out of both the end of the cable and the input into the laptop.  Still nothing.  Finally I just disconnected the battery and then reattached it and now the outlet cable is working fine.  Don't know why my laptop would hiccup like that, hope it isn't a sign of bigger and badder problems.  I have been having an increased number of Shockwave crashes recently, I ran malwarebytes, got nothing.  Now I am running Avast, but I am expecting more of the same.  I just don't want it to be one of those buy another computer things, this laptop is a little over a year old and I kind of like it, I'd hate to have to replace it.  I like my iPad for some things, but web surfing and blogging are not two of those things, and I would hate to have to blow the cobwebs out of my desktop because it runs about as slow as someone trying to take a shit after eating government cheese. 

     Anyway I am off to finish this scan (57% so far, nothing found) and then get ready for bed.  Tomorrow will be another long day, I already know that much.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been