Saturday, September 13, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 256 - Late again

     Just getting settled in after work.  Okay not just, but I need a few minutes to myself before I wind down enough to crack open the laptop and try typing something.  I actually got in about an hour and a half ago.  Honestly, I haven't even fed myself yet.  I had a hot dog at work, only after I tore the hot dog roller apart and fixed it, a project that consumed a couple of hours because I am the only person that bothers even cleaning it.  Shame to because our hot dogs can be pretty good, especially the jalapeno ones, which is what I had today.  

     It is actually kind of quiet right now, which is unusual for Oakland on a weekend.  Last night certainly wasn't quiet, people partying until the wee hours.  Thankfully I didn't have to be up early, though it probably would have been better had I done so, it wasn't mandatory so I didn't. 

     I have had a toothache for about the last day and a half now.  For most people I imagine they might schedule a trip to the dentist or something crazy practical like that, but working 6 days a week I am on the "numb my face with aspirin" plan, hoping I have more aspirin than the toothache has days where it is painful.  I keep a bottle of aspirin on my desk at work as well as one at home, so as soon as I start to feel a certain level of pain plying through I just swallow another 3 or 4 and play on.  Usually after a couple of days of this the pain subsides enough that I do not have to snack on pills all day long.

     I finally let my Pogo membership expire.  I could sign up again, but I just don't play games there enough anymore, usually I am playing on Facebook or on my iPad so I am not sure what the point is of spending money over there.  I haven't spent money on that site in years but because of my Coke reward points I had been able to keep up my membership.  Now the only thing being offered by Coke is one month subscriptions, they used to have 3 month, 6 month and year levels also, I just don't want to have to go through the hassle of applying a pass every month to keep playing for free, even though I probably have enough points for 6 months right now.  Plus I never won anything on the site anyway, at least anything of value.  The only prizes I ever won were stupid screen savers or wallpapers.  Hell if I would have even gotten a coffee mug after 7 years there I might be inclined to stick around but it just isn't worth the hassle.

     Well it is almost midnight I should wrap this up.  Lookie there, I got this done before the day ended.  Go me!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Matt, why did I think you lived on the east coast? Did I miss something?

    I've not been reading blogs a lot lately so am hopelessly out of touch. I apologize for lack of attention. I generally skip the sports ones but try and catch the others. I just haven't been up to it. But I'm getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in the East (Pittsburgh), just not on the coast. If global warming comes to pass I am hoping that I might be in on some prime beach front property.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been