Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 260 - Biding time

Just typing a little bit while waiting for my Marvel Puzzle Quest guys to heal up.  I m really getting stuck on that game, probably more than is actually healthy to be, but it is fun in the way that puzzle games can sometimes be (think Bejeweled Blitz) but with a collectible card aspect to it as well.  I am sure that the collectible part is to try and get people to pay money for the app, but I will not be one of those people.  Usually I dedicate myself to it when I see a goal that is both attainable and one I can use, in this case there is a tournament where if you reach a certain point level you get a Colossus card.  The thing about the game is you collect cards so that your heroes (or villians) have stronger abilities. 

Cards are rated by stars, 1 through 4, the 1 star characters are the easiest to get, 4 stars are the rarest.  Getting a card s not enough though because each character also has either two or three abilities and you have to collect 5 of a specific color to max out that ability.  Characters with two abilities are maxed out at 10 cards (5 on each), characters with three abilities get maxed out at 13 (either 5,5,3 or 5,4,4) but collecting the cards to get to 10 or 13 is the long process behind it, and like I said, the higher rated cards are harder to get, so it takes longer to max out one of those characters abilities.  I have yet to max out any three star characters, s when an event comes along where one of the prizes is a card that I need for an existing character, I spend more time on it.

How's that for boring?  Probably makes you wish I had talked about my fantasy football teams instead.  Honestly I would prefer not to, thank you very much.  Both of my teams lost so I am 1-1 in both leagues, but my teams were just decimated with injuries after week #2.  I managed to lose 3 running backs on one team, all of whom are expected to miss 4 to 6 weeks.  If it were Texas Hold Em I might like having three of a kind, but it isn't and I don't.  The other team has two guys who are hurt, so right now all I can say is thank goodness for Obamacare.  

I did send out some early invites for a fantasy hockey league I want to run in a few weeks.  I would put a link o it here, but I know my chance of getting someone on this page who is interested in fantasy hockey is just about nil, so I will not go to that extent with it.  I will say that the league is called Vinegar Strokes, which anyone who watches "The League" will get that reference, everyone else probably not.

Work wasn't as bad today as yesterday, but that is because I am just now refusing to ask people to do things, I will just do them myself.  It's easier that way.  If people lose hours or responsibilities because of it, I don't much care.  Next time maybe simple instructions will be followed.

Well time for me to do some more hacking and slashing.  I need 3000 points and I don't get bonus points for words typed, so I am outtie like a belly button.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been