Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 259 - Abuse of power

     No, I am not going to go off on someone who is on some sort of power trip, that isn't the meaning of the title at all.  Rather just the opposite.  As we all know I was promoted to store manager back at the beginning of June.  Now just because I have that title, I try not to let things go to my head too much.  I still do lots of things that others who held my position previously never would or could do.  So for me it was no big thing to be there on Saturday tearing apart the hot dog roller and getting it cleaned and working again.  It is just who I am and what I do.

     That being said, I am a manager.  When I say something ideally it should be followed, yet it seems like when I do say something it is treated as nothing more than a polite suggestion, then if the employees decide that it seems like a good idea they do it, if not then they just go about their business as if I didn't exist and what I said meant nothing.  And honestly it is starting to piss me off. 

       I even told Ed as much today, simply saying that if he wants me in this position where I am going to make decisions then I can't have the employees just ignoring everything I say.  I will gladly take responsibility if I say something or do something and it turn out to be the wrong course of action, I will not stand for asking people to do one thing only to turn around and have them do the exact opposite.
 
     So to say today didn't go well would be an understatement.  Just hope tomorrow is better.
     

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been