Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 252 - Aaaargh, there be glitches

     I am at a loss as to what just happened.  Well technically it didn't just happen, the just part would have been me fixing what happened previously.

     As anyone who has followed this little project of mine (I'm gonna let it shine....) knows, I have been trying to do a post a day for the entire calendar year.  There have been a couple of misses on my part, either due to me or to existing time constraints, but I have been able to double back and get caught up again, so while technically there hasn't been an entry each and every day, there has been one for each day of the year thus far.

     That brings me to today's issue.  Yesterday I had a longer day at work, though not so long that I didn't have time to post. In fact I managed to bang out a pretty lengthy piece (by Blogger 365 standards) and one that wasn't about me, also a rarity on this project.  I remember actually posting it, and yet when I went to my blogger page today the actual post wasn't there.

     This could be attributed to simply my mind playing tricks on me, maybe I though I had done something, namely post the words that I had already written, when in fact I didn't dot all of my i's and cross all of my t's as it were.  So I came back to the dashboard and there was my entry, still sitting in my draft folder.  Okay, so I obviously forgot to do a step.  Or did I?

     You see, because I was so sure that I had in fact done something I went and did some research.  I often cross post or cross promote what I write here on both Facebook and on Google+.  Usually those two places are what drives traffic on here, not that many people have my page bookmarked as must read material, and rightfully so.  As a result of that effort, pretty much every post I do here gets at least 10 views, some far more (though what makes one post more popular than another is like a woman to me, I will never figure it, or them out) but usually at least 10.  So why was there 6 views of a post that was in my draft folder, where technically only I could see it and I don't reread my material all that much?  And if I didn't post it, then why were there links on both my Facebook newsfeed and my Google+  feed?  I may be mistaken, but I don't think those buttons are available when a post is still in draft phase.

     It should be noted that I did get a few error messages while putting together yesterday's entry, though most of them had a close option and after closing the error message I was able to continue typing with no real issue to my knowledge.  In fact I didn't know anything was wrong until I sat down and was wondering just what I would write about today.  I guess I found my answer to that question, didn't I?

     So I am gong to try to publish this, as well as look back on my page and make sure yesterday's post didn't disappear again into my draft folder.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been