Monday, September 29, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 272 - Side effects

     I can honestly say that I am exhausted.  The hours I kept this weekend at home were such that last night I just couldn't sleep, I was too used to either being up or someone else being up most of the night and as a result last night I was up most of the night.  I didn't get to sleep until almost 5am, which meant of course I overslept when my eyes finally did close and I showed up to work roughly a half hour late, though technically I do not have a start time I do like to be in the office by 8:30, I strolled in today a little after 9am.

     Because I wasn't there on Saturday a lot of what I would have had done wasn't done yet, plus I did have the three orders to sort out once they came in, which was very shortly after I arrived.  Then Kara, our grocery rep, showed up and I had to go over ordering Easter candy (yes they are already pitching Easter at us retailers kids so be warned) as well as go through a promotion book for upcoming sales and then go through programs which we are already signed up for and close to fulfilling, so I had to pick some items just so we could hit our rebate numbers.

     I also had to see if I could offload the store's baseball tickets for the wildcard playoff game on Wednesday.  While I would love to go myself I do get a cut if I can sell them at a profit.  We have four seats for the game and the face value on them is $45 each, or $180 in total.  By the time I left work today I am pretty confident that I will have someone coming into the store on Tuesday who will take them off my hands for $650.  Any time I can turn almost a $500 profit selling tickets I can't complain too much.  It will be interesting to see what Ed says is my cut for doing all of the leg work on this. 

     Till I got all of that squared away and did all of my paperwork and then stopped by the store formerly known as Gus Millers to pick up their order for Tuesday it was going on 6pm by the time I got home.  The only thing I wanted to do was sleep but I haven't been able to get my eyes to stay closed long enough for that to be a reality.  Another side effect from my trip home perhaps, I don't know. 

     I am still plugging away on my book on the early days of World War I, I am almost 400 pages in now, but still have over 10 to go, so it will not be on the bookshelf next to this for a while yet.  Just haven't been able to find enough time to read much recently.  Part of the joys of management I suppose, no time for myself save for moments like these where I am too exhausted to do much of anything. 

     Well I should get up, see about making some dinner even though I look at myself and it just feels like I have gained weight recently.  Probably because the only thing I really did this weekend was eat, I didn't even get out for a nice Sunday walk like I would have done had I stayed here.  Not saying starving myself is the answer, but I do not look like I have missed any meals recently because I haven't. 

      So I guess I will get up from here and try to be functional, worst case scenario is a burn off a couple of calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been