Thursday, September 11, 2014

Bogger 365 Day 254 - What is wrong with me?

     I'll admit that often after a day at work I come home and I am tired but then I sit down in front of my computer and do some things and next thing I know time has flown by and I am up way too late.  It is not the best possible schedule for anyone, but it is one that I have managed to navigate for a bit. Until today that is.

     I am not sure why, but I just was dead tired today.  Absolutely zero energy to speak of.  The whole day just felt like I was walking in quicksand.  It could be that I worked a longer, and more physical day yesterday than I normally do.  We had a freezer delivered, one to take the place of out two door freezer that we were having issues with.  This one is a single door, so there is less room in it, but it will be easier to move around should we have any problems with it.  To get it installed though we had to take out the two door freezer, a process that eventually involved moving 4 shelf racks and 7 coolers just to get it out of the store.  Now I don't mind getting my hands dirty at work, I am more of a lead by example type, I will not ask anyone to do something I wouldn't do, so when a project like this comes along I am not going to just sit at my desk and hand down edicts of who should do what, I am most likely going to be in the middle of what is happening. 

     The project took better than an hour and a half to complete and by the time we were done I still had tons of work I had to get done so my day ended up being about 3 hours longer than normal and when I finally got home I just wanted a beer or three, so I went to my local watering hole and drank, probably too much.   By the time I got home and started making my dinner it was after 11pm, and till I ate and fell asleep it was probably after midnight.  Mind you that is still an early night for me, I can be up until 2 or 3 in the morning. But when I woke up today it was literally a struggle just to get into the shower.  Not a hangover struggle, I was fine in that regard, just no energy whatsoever.

     Even when I did get into work it just felt like I was plodding along, not really making any [progress on anything, though truth be told, the day went more according to schedule, but I felt more like I was along for the ride than an active participant in it.  By the time I got home it was all I could do to keep from falling asleep once I got in the door.  Still not sure I am all that awake, maybe I should have taken a nap, but I think if I would have done that I would have just slept straight through till morning. 

     Perhaps now would be a good time to go to bed, it is 9:30, most reasonable people would consider this a good bed time, and who knows, maybe tomorrow I will have little bit more ooomph than I have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been