Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 266 - Blah, blah, blah

     Just sitting around the house listening to my Pandora station on the iPad while I try to figure out just what it is I want to say tonight.  There really wasn't anything all that exciting or notable that happened at work today, it was very much just an average day.  No big highs or big lows, so I guess I should take that as a win. 

     Tomorrow is payday and really it couldn't get here soon enough.  Not that I am destitute but the last couple of weeks have been hard enough that having some money in my paws for dealing with it will make it feel somewhat worthwhile.  I may even treat myself after work to something nice, perhaps a trip to the Squirrel Cage or something. 

    I may be going home again this weekend, depending on how much will still need to be done at my parent's house.  The biggest problem they have and that I will be of no help with is that they just have too much stuff, there is no real place to put everything when the guys come to install the new carpeting.  They will either have to work around some things or people will have to vacate the house for a while and move everything from the bedroom into the living room.  That is the only options I can think of off of the top of my head.

     I did sneak in a nap today after work, I came home and ate a sandwich (ham and cheddar on an onion bagel) and then just put my head down for an hour or so.  Not sure why I was tired, work wasn't physically taxing, though it was a little mentally so.  I did have to place 4 different orders today, which is never fun but it comes with the job. 

     I will say since my promotion the lottery numbers continue to slowly tweak up, if only because I pay so much attention to them.  Not that simply selling lottery tickets would be enough to keep the doors open by any stretch, but every little bit helps.  Tuesday is the day when we get our report from the lottery for what our commission on sales is from the previous week.  Since I lobbied for our second instant ticket machine I would say our commission checks are up around 10% or so.  Not huge on a weekly basis, but over the course of a year it adds up to a significant amount of money.   Wish I could say the same for the rest of the business, but sales are flat.  That leaves three options; 1) Find news ways, ideas to generate sales, 2) find other places where we can save money or 3) lay people off.  There are some things I am working on regarding 1 and 2 and if it comes to 3 well, I have some ideas on that front too. 

     Well, I am going to go catch the rest of the baseball game.  The Pirates are 3 outs away from making the post season for the second consecutive season, after missing the playoffs for 20 straight years, so this little thing just might merit my attention.  Toodles.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been