Thursday, September 18, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 261 - I knew this day would come

     I knew today was going to happen some day, with the way things went earlier in the week it was only a matter of time before I was sat down to have a talk about my people skills or lack thereof.  The talk actually went better than expected, not that Ed ever really yells at anyone, but he manages to get his point across.  And I think I managed to get my point across as well, which I said in a previous entry but I guess it might bear repeating, that if he wants me to be a manager he s correct I need to handle people better, by the same token when I say something it should just be treated as a polite suggestion, it is something that should be done.  I should have people just ignoring me and doing whatever they want despite what I tell them. 

     I think I might have made some ground on that front because he told me if we need to we will put out a new ad and get people new employees in the store if that is what it takes.  Not that I want to go on a firing rampage (okay, some days I do) but I need to be able to rely on he people that are there, sooner rather than later because Ed will be doing his winter long sojourn to Florida in the near future and if I can't then I need to get some that I can rely on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been