Sunday, July 24, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 205 - The best picture I ever saw today

It has been a struggle of a day on my laptop.  I was just putzing around, reading some news stories and what not this when my laptop decided to go all haywire.  For the record it happened while I was reading an article in the Daily Mail (linked through Drudge) on all of the drugs found in Amy Winehouse's apartment, so perhaps this is karma for my clever joke yesterday I do not know.  But all of a sudden I get a warning from Avast, then another from Lavasoft.  At this point I am thinking it is better to just have one antivirus program running, rather than having them trip over each other in detecting this.  So I try to shut one down, opting for Avast and killing lavasoft.  It seems to go okay, Avast does a boot clean on restart as well, so I figure I might as well restart my computer.

Except it doesn't start.  Just a black screen.  The power is on and I can do the F2/F12 thing, but nothing in those menus is helping me here.  So what was supposed to be a Matt lazy day at home kind of thing (I had actually snuck in a nice hour long walk this morning, which was pretty awesome in its simpleness) instead turned into "Indiana Matt and the Curse of the Crack Whore" type of expedition.  It involved reinstalling Windows XP, and Internet Explorer 7, running Lavasoft (while having Avast closed),and rebooting again, but anytime you reinstall IE you now get conflict issues with previous versions, so while I could boot up the computer and get online, none of the buttons in any of the toolbars would work.  I would just get an error message.  I had to now reinstall all of the previous IE updates, some 80+ in all, before it would even allow me to upgrade back to IE 8.  It was only after all of that that I saw the picture I see every day when I crack this bad boy open, one that warms the cockles of my heart......

the wallpaper on my computer.  Let me say, I have never been happier to see an Australian.

12 comments:

  1. Pretty girl but the sun behind her would drive me crazy. Right now I'd like to club the photographer for the glare.

    As for the computer...I hate them. They hate me. I work on them every day. Glad you got it back to life

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun doesn't bother me that much, and since she wasn't wearing a bra she got past the security detail, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking at that and one of the reasons the sun was so distracting. With front lighting you would be able to see her cleavage and the side much better. I'm the type to wear a dress like that and sometimes you need just the right light

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to work out who it is, can't see her face properly...then again her face isn't the part of her anatomy the eye is naturally drawn to *cough*

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is Yvonne Strahovski, known best in the states for playing Agent Sarah Walker on the show "Chuck".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though I did post a comedy bit of hers she did a while back for collegehumor.com, I will have to see if I can find it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yvonne Strahovski be hot - think a black swan thing with her and katy perry - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of her, don't think we get that show here.

    p.s why are you still using that old dinosaur IE?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tend to use both IE and Firefox. Funny thing is I was all content to just work around the IE problem with Firefox, but whatever conflict issues I was having were messing with the toolbar there too. It was not a fun day in the Matt household.

    ReplyDelete
  10. chrome is my current favourite, rarely use any of the others now

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got Chrome as a bonus when I upgraded my flash player but I haven't really used it. I am about 50/50 on my use of IE and Firefox these days.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been