Friday, July 22, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 203 - Afternoon naps

 

I think my body feels a lot like the Shuttle program at this point, something that should have been retired a decade ago.


Friday is becoming the final determining factor of how my Thursday night volleyball went. Thursday usually starts with a Pepsi delivery, which means catching and putting away 200 cases of product and then usually an Arizona truck which is another 60 or so cases. Add to that volleyball after the fact and by the time I get up Friday morning my body is making some pact with the devil just to be functional. I will say this week wasn't as bad as last, last week my thigh muscles were sore for two days after. This time it was more relegated to my quads, and not quite as painful, though my foot ended up killing me for most of the afternoon. By the end of the day I was just happy to get out of work. The only bad part of leaving work was that I was venturing out from the air conditioned confines into the 95 degree heat (the heat index had it feeling well over 100) so I figured I would just catch the first bus that stopped by my stop, even if it meant I had to walk a little bit after getting off the bus. Anything to get out of the heat. Except no bus was forthcoming. So I decided to catch a different bus a couple of blocks away, but I ended up showing up about a minute too late, the bus was pulling away as I got there, so I decided to just catch my normal bus, which also has a stop over there, albeit across the street from where I was standing.


After about another 5 minutes my bus did arrive and I climbed aboard. And fell asleep. Not for an extended period of time, but long enough that I missed my stop, so I just decided to stay on the bus and get some groceries and my bus pass for next week instead. So the nap wasn't all bad.


But despite the nap on the bus I am still pretty tired. Maybe another nap is called for.

4 comments:

  1. I spent most of the day outside. It was 105 today before the heat index. In the parking lot my car was 110. It was pretty humid too. Not sure what the heat index took it too. Maybe I don't want to know. The heat will make you tired too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the heat index isn't widely spread used over here, in fact when I first heard the term I had to ask what it meant. temperature affects people so differently, what feels hot to me might be just right for the person standing next to me.

    glad your unintended nap proved productive in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually don't mind the heat too much, as warm as it is at the end of the day it isn't snow. The only real issue is that with the humidity and being in the city and getting the smells and aromas that are better left unsmelt, the air has a cat pee like quality to it that isn't all that pleasant. It also made for an interesting night of volleyball last night. Despite the gym allegedly being air conditioned, by the time I left my shirt was completely soaked. I know I dove for a ball on one occasion and just left a lake on the floor where I landed.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been