Saturday, July 23, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 204 - TITIT #15 That's hot, or maybe not

 
As the old saying goes, it's not the heat it's the stupidity. With that we are underway.....

I like watching financial analysts on TV. Pontification on what will make the stock market go up or down, or what is good or bad for business. I just wish they had one for the death of Amy Winehouse. I would pay good money to see a Jim Cramer or Neil Cavuto on TV telling us how her passing will affect the global price of crack. Certainly there will be more supply with one less major buyer out there. Would it have been wise for me to have a put option on cocaine, or should I have sold short? Damn it people, I need answers to these questions.

Here it is, Saturday July 23rd and somehow, some way, the Pirates are still very much relevant. If you had told me at the beginning of the year this would happen I would have laughed right in your face, but with a 51-46 record and sitting just a game out of first place in the division, there is some reason to be optimistic about the Pirates this late in a season for the first times since probably 1992. The first real test for the team will not be how it continues to play on the field, but how the front office approaches the trade deadline. The Pirates do not necessarily have to be buyers at the deadline, that would depend on what is available and what it would cost versus standing pat, but if the front office once again becomes sellers, trading away players for prospects, then you will be able to more accurately gauge management's support of this team.

So it would seem the killer in the Norway rampage, Anders Behring Breivik, is apparently a fundamentalist Christian,, gun aficionado, anti tax and anti immigration kind of guy. Here in the states he would be a Tea Partier. Just sayin.

In case you didn't get the invite, today was the big day for Ben Roethlisberger, who married one Ashley Harlan. Considering at this time last year we were all wondering whether Ben had raped an underage girl in a night club's bathroom, excuse me if I don't run out and buy a toaster for the happy couple. Maybe this will end up being the perfect marriage and I will eventually look like a fool, but I am going to keep my skeptics hat on for the time being.

One of the unreported benefits of a hot summer. Coming home all sweaty and getting naked and standing in front of the fan and the first breeze that blows across my sweaty ball sac and the resulting goosebumps. I know, you didn't need to know that but I share because I care.

At some point this blog is going to need a concession guy walking around with eye bleach. “Get your eye bleach here!! Eye Bleach!!! $2.50 a bottle!!”

So apparently 3 female reporters were asked to remove their bras by security before they would be allowed into the offices of the Israeli Prime Minister. Note to self: The blog needs better security.

And with that I bid you all a fond adieu. I have a whole day off tomorrow and I might just want to enjoy the down time.  When I come back, no bras.

6 comments:

  1. I don't have the answer but that was pure gold, laughed my head off when I read that. And the bra less rule is do-able, hope security have been briefed to do a thorough frisk search :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing my ass off. You were in a wonderful smart ass mood today and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All in all it was a good day. And the rant on Amy Winehouse I actually liked, but then sometimes even I think I am funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many people are upset that she died and say it is such a tragedy, Her own mother asked her in 2008 where she wanted to be buried. She checked herself out of rehab 4 times. Not a tragedy, a druggie who wouldn't take the help that was offered her. The problem is in making her a martyr they are sending a message to kids that it's ok to do drugs and screw up your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just don't get the fascination. She was pretty much an epidemic lack of talent for the most part. We aren't exactly mourning the passing of Mozart here, she had one song of note and it was only notable because she was a crackhead. I am loving the news people though who are taking a look back on her career, because the segment usually lasts 20 seconds or less.

    ReplyDelete
  6. People are saying what a tragic loss she was only 27. Yeah well crack whores die, what of it? All these addicts are coming out saying she couldn't help herself and her manager should have stopped her. Okay, she's an adult. No one held her down and made her do drugs. No one forced her to use drugs and become an addict. She was in rehab 4 times but chose to check herself out so she could go back to using drugs. She didn't want help. She died. Won't need help anymore. I know that is bitchy but that's what happens.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been