Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Multiply 365 day 201 - Vacation, but not for me

 

I have bemoaned my drinking in the past week, and I would argue for good reason, I have been spending far more time in bars and what not that I normally do and it most certainly has had an adverse affect on my sleep schedule.


But not all of the results of alcohol are bad. One of the things about me being drunk is that I tend not to hold my tongue nearly as much. Yes when I usually blog you do get me, but it is a sober, filtered version. I am not sure that will be the case this evening. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not. People seem to like the filtered me, this is akin to spending your whole life smoking Marlboros and then bumming a smoke from someone who smokes Lucky Strike instead. And I feel a Lucky Strike evening coming on.


All things considered, for as short handed in the management department we are at work, things are still running relatively smoothly. Maybe better than smoothly in some regards, because some people that would normally be coddled haven't been so fortunate this week. My lot has remained relatively the same however, despite being very late on Tuesday (the weather knocked out my alarm clock) I have escaped the the wrath that has been coming forth for some from the office.


Today we had one person get fired, call Ed in Florida begging for her job back, get her job back, proceed to pick up her paycheck and after being confronted by Brian over a few things, turn around and quit the very same day she was fired and rehired. If this had been 6 months ago and I gave a rat's ass about my coworkers maybe I would be more sympathetic, but instead I just considered this to be comedy gold. For all of the shit I have already dealt with this week, this was akin to giving me a brief respite from the day to day suckage.


Part of the issue was Monday, where it just seemed I was working from behind from when the day started, not really catching up to where I needed to be until the very end of the day. That was due in part to some scheduling conflicts over the weekend, Ed had short handed the schedule in a few places so coming in meant catching up on a bunch of things that didn't get done for the previous couple of days, followed by us paying for his mistake.


And the other thing, which I shouldn't admit but am, is Dee. She is off on vacation and while I am sure having her around right now would make all of our lives easier, but I have no problem with her being on vacation. Except when I do of course. She is on vacation with Bill after all, so any illusion I may have had previously is pretty much gone. Now I am spending her vacation reminding myself that everything is exactly as it was two months ago. Now if only could get my brain to believe that.

5 comments:

  1. So, beg for your job back, pick a fight then quit? Sounds like good riddance to bad rubbish.

    Sorry about Dee, I was rooting for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. To steal Ed's line yet again, "it is what it is". I just have to not focus too much on it, not because of anything she did, but sometimes when I get all contemplative I tend to make things bigger than they really are/were. Whatever there was, it is the same today as it was then most likely, unless she knows something I do not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I just posted a blog along the same vein. Maybe it's a fuck it kind of week. I usually hold my tongue and play nice and that is just getting old for me. Right now I'm having a hard time doing that and I'm not drunk. At least you still seem to have some control on your thoughts. As for Dee. How do I put this. I had a really good date last Friday without all the drama and bullshit and it was really nice. Sometimes you are with someone for all the wrong reasons like because they are there or because you are afraid of being alone. Secretly you dream of them being hit by lightning. Then one day you find yourself really trapped and can't find a way out. Even though like me last Friday had a really good time on a date that ended up lasting over 12 hours and not wanting the night to end. She may be on vacation with Bill but she might not be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure that is a possibility, for the record I have never heard her refer to him as anything more than a friend, though I am quite sure there is more to it than that. But again I equtae it to my last comment in the private blog of a few weeks back, there is always a chance but the odds don't look that good. It would be one thing if even I thought the odds were 50/50 given everything that could potentially be at risk, including my job, but when you are teetering in the single digit phase i don't think that is an avenue worth exploring.

    My problem is trying to remind myself that we really didn't have anything to begin with, so it isn't like I lost something. It is very easy for me to get carried away with the what might have beens, but I need to keep myself grounded in the notion that instead they were never was's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand that. All you can do is be there and wait. Don't let it run your life because there are too many dead ends in life as it is. Just remember right now he might really be getting on her nerves. Believe me it happens when you are sitting there wishing for lightning to strike them.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been