Thursday, July 7, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 188 - My penis got in the way

I'll admit I panicked. I wasn't sure if I had missed a day or not. Ever since that 29 hour day at work from July 4th-5th everything had been off kilter. And my behavior last night left me in such a befuddled state that I couldn't remember whether I had or had not blogged and was in no shape to do anything about it if in fact I had missed a blog. It wasn't until I got home from work and shopping today that I actually sat down and realized I had covered my ass with my early morning blog. Whew and all that jazz. BUt days like yesterday and so few and far between that had I failed to blog, I am not sure I would have been disappointed by it. Sometimes, believe it or not, living is far better than blogging.

Not that the day started off all that well. I managed to pack two nightmares into one evening of sleep. The first was the odder of the two, but neither was all that pleasant. The first dream had me returning to my high school, for a function of some sort. I went inside and into an auditorium that was not part of the high school I knew and apparently there was some sort of program going on. The auditorium was packed and ended up actually sitting on the steps in the one aisle as opposed to taking a chair. And who should sit down on the steps in front of me but Dee. What can I say SDR holders, it's apparently not out of my subconscious yet. But then it all starts to get weird. I get up to leave, I need to go outside and get some air, so I step outside the school and everything changes. I end up in a restaurant, a relatively classy place and am sitting at a table with my mom when an attractive female sits down at the table and introduces herself to my mom as my fiance. I start shaking my head violently, saying this can't be real that I was just in the school I must be dreaming. But I can't seem to wake up from this dream, it continues to play on, despite my protestations to what is happening. Finally I snap awake to the dream inside a dream and find out why it is that everything went all haywire in my head, I was laying in the street outside the school, having been hit by a car. The view of my mangled body laying in the street was what snapped me out of the other dream and back to reality. Of course an image like that burnt into the brain is enough to keep me from falling right back asleep. But eventually I was able to get back to sleep and I find myself standing with my uncle Will, we are standing near a lake, crystal blue water, so clear that you could actually see into it. And as we are standing near the lake he tells me that a truck went in, I go toward the edge of the lake and off in the distance a few hundred yards out I can actually see into the cab of a semi that is indeed under water. Will tells me that the driver didn't survive, the truck has been in the water for hours now, but as I am looking into the cab in the distance, all of a sudden a man's face appears and he is banging on the front window of the truck, trying in vain to get out. Finally after prolonged struggling, the man is able to smash the cab window and swim to the surface, but then he splits into two different people, or at least two different personalities of the same man, one a person that is so timid he is almost afraid of his own shadow, the other a crazy lunatic that is running around madly and I am left to wonder if I should stay and help the timid guy or run for my life from the lunatic. Thankfully I wake up from that dream before I make a wrong choice, but as the second billing in a mental nightmare it didn't make for a good night's rest by any account.

On that note I actually go into work early, no sense in trying to go three for three in the nightmare department. And the day was okay at work, nothing too great, nothing too terrible, but I was running late in getting out and Dee suggested that we head over to the 110 for an after work drink And it was nothing like our last trip, it was almost the exact opposite actually. She spent a lot of time trying to recover phone numbers from her old phone, which apparently Billy messed up by spilling water on it or something, so she was busy reprogramming her new phone with all of the numbers she was now missing. But there was none of the odd sort of things I would have taken for signs this time, we talked a bit, I had like 4 beers and she had a couple vodka and cranberry drinks (they were out of her wine) but because she was so caught up in her project I had actually finished my 4 before she finished her second, so the bartender asked if either of us wanted this beer that was poured but was sitting behind the bar, the person who ordered it apparently left before getting it or something, so it gets set in front of me and to say the thing was god awful would be an insult to god awfulness. Dee finishes her drink and I again walk her to her car, again nothing SDR holders, just a goodbye and off she went. The thing was I hadn't planned on going to the bar, I really had planned on going and buying a new pair of shoes but with that plan now sufficiently scuttled I decide that I am just going to head home.

So I am slightly buzzed on the bus ride home, thinking maybe a Cuban sandwich would be a good plan and then I get up the silly notion of deciding instead to go to my local watering hole and finishing the job my previous drinks started. Well that wasn't the plan, I thought I would have a beer, maybe two and play like $10 in the Cherry Master machine, just because I hadn't done that in a while. But when I get in the bar, all three machines are taken but since I am there I decide, what the hell I am going to have a beer anyway, maybe crack open the laptop and doing a little websurfing and go home after finishing my beer. Then, like my dream, the evening gets weird. Someone who I knew of in the bar (she is a regular, but I didn't know her name just knew her to see her) comes over to my table and sits down next to me and starts talking about video games and what not. Now, while I didn't know this girl's name, I did know from seeing her in the bar before that she wasn't straight, so I am not in the least thinking along those lines, but we strike up a conversation and what not, she starts talking about video games and gaming systems and we chat about blogs and Facebook. Some other people start coming in that I know, Mel, who is a really good pool player and Connie, who I love to sit and bs with in the bar while playing Cherry Master, and because I hadn't been out in a while, it was good to see them as well. Next thing you know, I am dropping money into the jukebox, playing some Keb Mo (which I have got Mel hooked on) and out of the blue I go for a Matt classic, "16 Tons" by Tennessee Ernie Ford and a bunch of people, including Brandy (by now I had her name) start singing along with it. "You move 16 tons and what do you get? Another day older and deeper in debt........." Meanwhile Mel almost gets in a fight at the pool table, not by his doing, but because the guy he is shooting against is just acting like an ass. he is literally standing right behind Mel, yelling in his ear while Mel is trying to shoot, banging on the table and just being a complete ass. Eventually that game ends, Mel loses though I don't know if it was because Mel shot poorly because of this guy's antics or because he just didn't want to continue playing with a jackass like that, but Brandy had put quarters up for the next game and I am thinking this could get ugly quickly, but he backs off and lets his girlfriend shoot Brandy instead (house rule, winner stays on table for free, challenger buys the next game) and Brandy is okay, not great, but not terrible, but she wins when the girl she is shooting sinks the 8 ball too soon. Mel has the next game, he shoots Brandy but you can tell he isn't trying this game. personally I hate when people who have game to that shit to me, I would much rather you kick my ass and force me to play well than throw games to me, and I had the next quarters up, thinking I would be playing Mel, but he is just looking to leave and basically tosses the game to Brandy, so her and I get to play next. She keeps telling me she is a pretty good shot, and what I saw she was probably better than average, but then again so am I, in fact I can be quite decent on a table, but I haven't shot since Christmas vacation so I thought I might have been a bit rusty. I needn't have worried, I was almost cocky good. I would try some pretty tough cut shots, shots that had I been more sober I would have probably overthought, but because I was on beer 3 or 4 in the bar (plus my 5 at the 110) I was feeling no pain and thinking wasn't part of the equation, so I would look at a shot and Brandy would say "You can't make that shot" and I would say "You are probably right" and after the ball fell I would look at her and say "Unless I can." Rather than make her buy games as the loser, I broke house protocol and paid for us to keep playing, probably 6 games or so and we were just having a really good time. Finally we sat down and chatted some more, one thing leads to another and next thing you know we decide to dance, slow dancing no less, with no music on the jukebox. Instead she starts singing in my ear. We even end up kissing a little bit, nothing passionate mind you, she is a lesbian after all and last I checked I still have a penis (damn penis anyway, lol). And we end up just hanging with each other for a little while longer, hugging and what not and kissing goodnight eventually, because as drunk as I was, and admittedly I was quite tipsy by this point, I knew I still had to get up in the morning, not that sleeping as a problem, when I got home I promptly passed out more than slept.

But the thing is, as bad as the night could have been given how it started out, what with my time with Dee being far different than our last outing, the evening was actually pretty good. Just getting out and doing something different, really different for me no doubt, but was fun in its own unique way. And maybe that is what I needed to shake the rust off, after all, if I can almost pick up a lesbian, is anything really beyond my capabilities at this point? I don't think so.

13 comments:

  1. One question...yeah but is Brandy a lesbian or bi? Don't count your penis getting in the way yet. One of my advantages being bi is that I can date anyone I want as a person, not getting hung up with gender. And guys can be taught how to have good sex. I know this sounds sad but a guy is just a girl who doesn't need a strap on. If sex is less about his penis and more about actual sexual gratification for both people it doesn't matter, at least to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once picked up a gay guy in a gay bar. I considered that my finest moment. but I was only 21 at the time. I've many finer moments since.

    Yea, weird night. And now I want a cuban sandwich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandy is definitely a lesbian, she reminded me on more than one occasion that she wasn't attracted to my penis, though given she never saw it how can she know. I mean really, it might be the finest penis in all the land (it's not, but I am a poor judge of penis). Plus it isn't like I hadn't seen her in the bar before, just that we had never talked on previous occasions, let alone kissed or slow danced or anything else for that matter. So it was a cool night in all of its strangeness, it was almost like the pressure was just off by knowing I had no chance. After all, how many guys go to the Tennessee Ernie Ford well to impress a female? I am betting none, at least none that are still breathing.

    But because there was no chance, the evening was just that much more fun. Which was perfectly okay in my book. I could go all Katy Perry and sing in my head "I kissed a girl" and have fun with it. There was no pressure to be super cool guy, because he too would be limited by his penisness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found there are many women who say they are lesbians who just date girls and don't want to be bothered by guys. I guess I am really lucky because I don't care which gender. Would I pick a blond with a nice set of tits over a guy...it depends. I think I am more about the person. Of course I am tainted right now because my last girlfriend got pregnant and ended up married to the guy I was living with. So she's not on my favored person list. Then again neither is he. I do have to say though that he was a total moron. This fool was going to bed with 2 women every night and decided to knock one up and marry her. He may possibly be insane

    ReplyDelete
  5. @jade...wow. Both of them...shame on their behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  6. they deserve each other. It was hard on me because I found out she was pregnant and they eloped when it was posted on Y360. I really didn't date anyone for a while after that. It will be 4 years in March and I find trusting someone in a relationship is hard now. I also thought women wouldn't cheat on you like a guy would. I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good night Matt. Your becoming a slut in your own mind lol. Maybe Brandy recognises your feminine side and finds that she is comfortable with it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jade, yes women cheat. I am just glad that Jen opted to do so before I bought the ring and not after (we had in fact picked one out). I should have realized things were going to go bad when she wanted a ring from Acme Jewelers and we had to wait in line behind Wile E. Coyote.

    Lee, I have to remain a slut in my own mind because in reality the sex just isn't there, though on the plus side I find I perform much better in my dreams. But then I also think I am about 6 inches longer than I actually am too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And now a word from our sponsor

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is from one of those TV infomercial music collection things, though I don't recognize it. It is about the only video of this song I could find though. That being said, it takes a certain taste or lack thereof to walk into a bar and play it on the jukebox.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah but I get it. This is one of those songs that describes us all.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been