Sunday, February 27, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 58 - Miss me?

 

It would be easy sitting here today to just call the whole 365 project an absolute failure, and in a way it most certainly is. The goal of adding a blog entry every day came to a screeching halt yesterday, not because of a desire to not blog, heck I have trudged through that before and managed to grind something out for the page, but it was more of the mind was willing but the body was weak moments.


The beginning of my problems started bright and early on Saturday, roughly 3am to be precise. I had went to bed early, or early for me anyway which is usually around 10:30-11:00pm, because I had opted to go in and clean the store on Saturday, well technically Sammy and I both did, but Sammy isn't working on a blog project so we will leave him out of this particular portion of the story. Check that, I will include him for now in as much as we planned on going to breakfast on Saturday, ye olde Deluca's run which meant I was going to be up early because we usually meet up downtown at 6:30am so we can be there by 7am. But I woke up at 3am, and there was a reason for it, that being that an app I play on Facebook, Madden All Stars was running a promo for double coin weekend. The thing is, in order to advance in the game you have to buy packs of cards, 5 in each pack, and in game coinage they run anywhere from 10,000 for a bronze pack to 150,000 for an ultimate pack. Since I am pretty far along in the game, the only cards that can make my roster better are the highest value one. I could buy cheaper ones in hopes of helping with collections and what not, but none of them would help the team that I use on a daily basis. And the promo being run awards you 2x a coin bonus for every win you get, scrimmage, season or NFL season and it kicked off at 2am. The tickets needed to play season and NFL season games are awarded one every two hours, but are usually cut off around 5, that is, you can't continually stockpile them simply by not playing the game, so I knew if I went to work without playing I was going to lose some serious coinage in games tickets I wouldn't get. Even worse, I am using a Mike Tomlin card for my head coach, and 2x bonus on coins in games you win, so for this weekend I am getting a 4x bonus, so it was imperative that from possibly helping my team I needed to play off as many tickets as possible during the 48 hours of double coin weekend, which started at 2am. Since I woke up at 3am, this seemed like a good time to head over to the computer, play off all of my accumulated game tickets at their highest possible value and then get ready for breakfast. So rather than go back to bed, I just tinkered for a few hours online getting some stuff done that I can do once a day (the 4 free swagbucks, super scratchoff cards, my bejeweled blitz spin) I climbed into the shower, got dressed and headed downtown for breakfast.


I met Sammy around 6:20am, yes I was on time for a change and we waited for about 15 minutes for Clare, who did not show up to no one's surprise, and off to DeLuca's we went. Sammy opted for the Steele City Breakfast (two eggs, two bacon, sausage, hash browns, toast and two hotcakes) and I went for the breakfast bowl (grilled veggies, two eggs, two ground beef patties, toast) and coffee. Lots and lots of coffee. For what was coming it was needed.


After a hearty breakfast we walked back to the store, a pretty lengthy walk but a good way to burn off some of the food we ate, and got to the store a little after 8am. The project for the day, besides me placing the order for Monday, was to pull everything off of all of the shelves, clean the shelves and then put everything back. After that we were to sweep and deck mop the entire basement. Both projects were pretty lengthy in nature, so much so that when we were first asked about how long we would be there and Sammy told Dee we should be done by 2pm I actually laughed. As it turned out we actually finished a little after 3pm. Of course after all of that I still had an order to put together, so tack on another hour and a half for my stay and it was like I pulled a regular weekday shift, 8:30am till just about 5pm till I actually finished. My wallet can use the extra cash, but after a week where we had a 195 case order from Pepsi, another 60 case order from Coke and the probablility of a big order from 7 Up on Monday (I ordered over 40 cases, but we will see how many I actually get) and by the end of the day Saturday my body was pretty spent. I had a pain in my left heel that felt like every time I took a step in felt like someone was driving a nail into it, my right arm was sore to the point where I actually gobbled some aspirin to deal with it. So when I got home the first thing I did was lay down on my bed. The plan was I would read a little and then maybe grab some dinner. That plan worked out okay, I had a little leftover stew in the fridge and I still have plenty of reading material, but after having dinner I tried settling in and there was nothing on TV, so I hopped over to my radio and clicked it on and the Pens game was on. I figured I would do some more reading while the game was on, then after the game get up and bang out my next blog entry. Ah but for the best laid plans.......


I lasted about 5 minutes into the game before I was sound asleep. My eyes cracked open briefly around 9pm, long enough to hear that the game went into overtime. Again I though about my previous plan and again the result was exactly the same, I was asleep in about 5 minutes. Till I woke up it was after midnight, so in fact while I could have run over to the computer and tried faking an entry and coming up with some bullshit excuse for why it didn't upload, the simple fact of the matter is that I just missed it. So in theory I could just walk away from the project now, there is no way I will do a blog entry for everyday of the year, but I am, not ready to do that just yet. Like I said, it wasn't a lack of desire that kept me from blogging, which should be the determining factor in this case. If I would have come home from work and just said “Fuck this” then I would be all about ending this little experiment. But since that wasn't the case, it will be the 365 minus 1. In the grand scheme of things it will not matter much, life will continue to go on as it should and for me that is still to try and blog every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been