Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 53 - Eye bleach

I am sitting here doing relatively nothing. "Fat Camp" is on the TV but I haven't been paying it much attention. Since they went from pairs to just two teams and I can't root against Aqua Team Hunger Force the show has lost its one lone thrill to me. And it would be very easy to just go curl up with my book and call it a night, but I am determined to try to keep this little project of mine (I'm gonna let it shine) going. I'll be honest though, personally I didn't expect to make it 53 days, heck I am surprised I made it a week.

And my book is pretty good, so it isn't like it would be all that painful to me to go read it. I did start with the longest book first. "The Death of American Virtue", which checks in somewhere around 700 pages or so. I've got maybe a 6th of it read to this point, and while I find the subject matter fascinating, be it resolved I am a nerd and what I find fascinating would probably bore you to tears. The book is actually about President Bill Clinton and Independent Council Ken Starr and the whole Whitewater mess. Unlike some more partisan tomes, this one took about nine years to put together and has interviews with all of the relevant players from that era. I am not sure how many authors out there had sit downs with both parties and tried to parse out what happened and why, but I would much rather read a book like this where at the end of the day I can have a more balanced understanding of what happened then the writings of the lefty/righty flavor of the month who is just ginning up crap for the sake of their respective audiences.

I am behind a couple of hockey videos too. I could probably be doing them right now, but then I wouldn't be typing this here entry. One mountain at a time, as it is I find that my entries are pretty much dominating my feed on Multiply, which is scary considering that my entry feed is set for the last 100 updates. On a quick count I came up with 72 of them having been something I did. Nothing like hogging the microphone as it were.

I was putzing around in my dresser drawer the other day and came across something that I might put on the page at a later date. No, it will not be my underwear, I save those for eBay, but rather I have the untraditional dresser in that the top drawer I treat as storage space, so it is full of video cables, CDs and DVDs. Well, while pawing through the Cds I found some stuff that Doug and I did on the radio. I am not sure how I got it, I have a feeling that most of it is going to be bad copies of radio shows due to equipment failure in the studio, but if I find something salvageable I might use it as one of my 365 entries.

Timeout, they are doing the weigh ins on "Fat Camp" and once again a contestant managed to gain weight at the fat camp. I stand firmly behind what I said about such people before, they should be automatically eliminated from the show and forced to walk home. How you can gain weight at such a place is just beyond my ability to comprehend. Check that, like 5 of them gained weight. Perhaps they should rename the show 'The Biggest Dumbass" because how that many people can go through the process of trying to get on the show, only to then gain weight after getting there is so far beyond me that it isn't even funny. I know some of the parents threw the weigh in to protect their "kids", but we aren't talking about 10 year olds here, we are talking full fledged adults. There is no lesson to be learned here, no noble falling on the sword, this is just a lesson that if you don't work hard enough somebody will bail you out, which I think readers of this blog can attest happens about as frequently as I have sex.

Too late, between images of my underwear on eBay and pictures of me having sex, this blog has officially reached the "there isn't enough eye bleach" phase, so I had best stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been