Thursday, February 17, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 48 - Someone's cake (and I am eating it too)

Good thing I got the book teasers out of the way yesterday because surprisingly when I got home today there was my box from Amazon, sitting right inside my door.  It was everything that my last two deliveries from Amazon weren't in that when I placed the order on the 14th.  For instance I mentioned that I get free shipping on orders over $25.  The thing with the free shipping is that it is supposed to take 5 to 7 business days, and as we know that can be much, much longer.  Instead I got free shipping in 3 days this time, which is good, I am nearing the end on "The Johnstown Flood" and now I will have plenty of reading material through the next couple of weeks as well.  And the delivery guy actually left the package inside my door since I wasn't home, no trek to the post office to stand in line and be annoyed for 30-45 minutes at help that make a fine argument for government waste.

That wasn't the only good thing, obviously any time that the weather in winter hits 64 degrees outside it just makes for a better day all around.  Plus I am having cake for breakfast tomorrow.  Not sure where it came from, but it is cake and I am all about eating cake, especially with a cup of coffee to wash it down.

The cake story goes something like this, Sammy told me today that his grandson was coming in the store today.  And I knew that Sammy's birthday was coming up, but I didn't know when.  Anyway I had left to go place the Friday grocery order for our other store and when I got back it turns out I had missed Sammy's daughter and grandson, but there was cake.  I assume they brought it for his birthday and thankfully they saved me a piece, but because I was so busy today (Thursdays are by far my worst day) I just wrapped the cake and put it in the cooler in the basement.  Then just before leaving today Sammy say's "hey, don't forget your cake" and I am thinking that it would make for a better breakfast tomorrow when I get to work, so there you have it.  

Well I should be turning in, I am actually looking forward to bed after a long day where we had 200 cases of product come in and I had to place two orders and break down two invoices.  Plus the sooner I go to bed the sooner I can crack open my book again.  Bed is one of the few times I get to do any reading, save for the bus ride to and from work, so the sooner I get there the sooner I get reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been