Friday, February 4, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 35 - Blockage

I don't know where to begin, probably because I really don't know what to say. I think this is what they call writer's block. That would suppose that I am a writer however, so I will just go with a lack of inspiration instead.


There really isn't much to report from here. Other than we are still dodging most of the bullets that winter tends to dish out anyway. Not that we have been completely spared, it is winter after all, so some snow and cold temps come with the territory, but in the grand scheme of things it really hasn't been that bad. Leading up to the Super Bowl on Sunday we actually have less snow on the ground than Dallas does right now, and places farther east of us like New York City, Philadelphia and Washington DC, where snow tends to fall in far lesser quantities than here are instead being blessed with what we usually get while we are sitting here in relative comfort by comparison.


Yesterday was the day of the Doug Hoerth unofficial memorial. I say unofficial because Doug had requested that there be no service for him after he passed, but some of his closer friends opted to put together a little something anyway and from what I understand it was pretty well attended, though I didn't get to go, work getting in the way and all that jazz. If it would have been one of our slower days I might have been able to sneak out for it, but since we had two different trucks coming in with almost 200 cases of product and I had to place orders for Friday for two different stores, I really couldn't just leave. I did talk to Joel, one of his friends, today at work. Joel was a regular on the Friday group shows, and he stops in to get his papers where I work, but I hadn't seen him recently. Today I got a chance to talk to him for a few minutes, just to catch up a bit. I couldn't talk for too long, we both had things we needed to do and places we needed to go, but it was nice to catch up for those few brief minutes.


Thankfully I don't have many complaints from behind enemy lines in Pittsburgh regarding the Super Bowl today. Probably because I made a conscious decision to not watch the evening news, and when a special came on at 8pm regarding the game in place of regular programming I just shut the TV off. The only bad thing to report was that while at work we had the radio on in the basement, whatever station we were tuned into did a block of Steeler fight songs. Nothing out of the ordinary, new variations on the Steeler polka song from the 70s, and the “Here We Go” song that tends to get updated yearly with a twist here or there in the lyrics. The worst though was someone had recorded a cover of Aerosmith's “Dude Looks Like a Lady” but swapped out some lyrics here and there to make the never to be referred to as classic “Troy Is Not a Lady”. Yes, it is as bad as it sounds. Imagine Leonard Nimoy's “Ballad of Bilbo Baggins” and then goes down two more levels of suck and you pretty much get how bad this song was. And of course any song titled “Troy Is Not a Lady” sparks a single question in my mind, was Troy Polamalu's gender in question and I just didn't know about it? If so that would redefine the concept of you hit like a girl.


I did get another $5 Amazon gift card yesterday, and I am a few (40) swagbucks from the next one. No doubt I will get it this weekend. Even without trying all that hard I should be able to get 40 bucks in two days.


Well I think it is about time for me to get some dinner in my belly. I am thinking pizza, provided I can get my ass up out of my chair to go get it.

2 comments:

  1.  
    This is the clearest footage I've seen of Josephine Baker (1906-1975) performing her famous Banana Dance  

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been