Thursday, February 24, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 55 - Stewing in my own juices

Okay, so this is what the newest version of Open Office looks like. Pretty much the same as the last version to be honest with you. Not that I was expecting great things mind you, just not sure if I like this version any better than the previous one.


By the way, hi everyone, for those that are left reading these things. Excuse me while I settle in with a nice bowl of beef stew. Yeah, I decided to tinker in the kitchen again. I actually came up with the plan for this meal Sunday while having breakfast at Eat N Park. While enjoying a combination of a book and a grilled sticky smiley breakfast I decided it would be good to experiment in the kitchen some time the upcoming week. Tonight was that night. It gave me the chance to tinker with the white pepper that I keep stocked in the cupboard. When the weather is as crappy as it has been recently, having some warm food to fill one's gullet is always a good thing.


Speaking of weather, I would like to say thanks to empirechick and bucdaddy over at That's Church, who commented on a blog comment I left there. Nice to see that my work is appreciated outside this little forum that I have carved out here.


I will be honest, I plan on sleeping very well tonight. After a Pepsi order that was 198 cases I expect that I will be somewhat sore in the morning. That's okay, I don't mind, just means it is another week where I don't have to buy a gym membership. And I still have the Coke order coming in tomorrow, which while not as big will still be a workout.


Plus I am booked for a 6 day week this week, With Ed coming back and management in full blown panic mode they want the store in tip top shape, so I said it would be better to do it on Saturday when I have time to just focus on cleaning and organizing than trying to do it during the week when I am being pulled in 10 different direction during the course of the day. Brian agreed and gave me the go ahead to come in, and he is letting Sammy come in as well. Double plus, because a) we both actually work so we should be able to bang out everything in one glorious sweep and b) when Sammy and I pull a Saturday together we always start with a DeLuca's breakfast, and it has been about a month for me over there, so the time for revisiting the idea of ice cream on pancakes is upon me. I am already counting the hours.


By the way, if you are remotely functional and looking for employment you might want to submit an application with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Last night saw Brooks Orpik break a finger in the first period of a game against the San Jose Sharks, bringing the total of walking wounded to somewhere around Gettysburg proportions. Okay, maybe not that bad, but with Orpik out that brings the list to at least 10 starters who are now out with injuries.


Well, rather than ramble on, I am off to the kitchen to fetch more stew and settle in for the rest of a quiet evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been