Sunday, February 20, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 51 - Lost and found

Well I am still looking for the flash drive.  I have looked in some of the places it could have but obviously wasn't.  I would say I looked in all of the places it could be, but then I would have it and the previous sentences would be moot.  That being said I did find a couple of things that are useful.  For starters I found my usb cable for my mr3 player.  I needed it because it didn't come with an adapter to plug into the wall to recharge it, so it has to be plugged into my computer instead. Needless to say, since I didn't have it my mp3 player was rendered useless.  

I also found my TV remote and my digital antenna remote.  I know what you are thinking, how could you lose those?  Truth is my TV is on the same desk as my computer, so a remote is of little practical use because I still have one of those old fashioned TVs that has buttons and stuff.  For me to change the channel I would have to move my hand about two feet from its current location on the keyboard and I haven't become so lazy as to not be able to do that just yet.  The plus to finding my remotes was that I got to do a rescan with the digital antenna.  Us non cable folks have to do such things sometimes.  I was not getting my all of my digital offerings over the air, Universal Sports disappeared and I had to do a reload it in to the remote in order to get it again.  Don't get me wrong, the channel was still saved but for some reason it wouldn't come in, it would register that a signal was there but show no picture.  But rescanning fixed that problem.  I wish I had found it last weekend, Universal was broadcasting a bunch of the rugby 7s stuff from Vegas, more than just the US team matches which already would have made them a thousand times more viewable.  At least it isn't beach volleyball season,. I would have hated to miss those matches.  Now I just have to put my remotes in a safe place so that in a week I can forget where I put them and the whole process can repeat itself.


I also found my mini camcorder, which I stored away shortly after taking it to an employee night out at work.  Not that I was seriously looking for it, I had no need to break it out for any particular reason, but it was a nice find nonetheless.  

Now if only I could find that damn flash drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been