Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 46 - Updates

It has been nearly a month since I last updated the change meter on this page, and all I can say it the last month has been so so as far as the found monies go.  I did scoop up some cash, enough that I can add $2.76 to the total, but it seems like that $200 barrier is just harder and harder to get to.  With the additional cash the change meter sits at 196.39.  

Since I have started this blog with updates I will continue along the same vein.  I mentioned this past weekend that I was hoping to kill Baal in Diablo 2 and move on to the next level, nightmare.  Suffice it to say, mission accomplished.  Not only did I deliver the old beat down, I didn't even die in the process.  I have since started the next level, completing the first quest (I also defeated the secret Cow level on normal) so all is moving okay there I guess, not as though you are all that concerned about my gaming exploits.

And I did address one other issue.  I had purchased three books recently,. two of which I have already finished and I am about halfway through the third one, so of course that meant I had to hop back on Amazon and buy three more.  Two more non fictions and one fiction.  Actually one of the non fictions I have been waiting for to come out in paperback.  I had seen an interview with the author on TV and immediately went looking for the book, only to find it was only available in hardback, and at the time it was running like $25 or so, a little too much cash for me to be spending on one book.  But I saw that on Feb 1st the paperback edition was going to be released, so I held out until yesterday, then of course I scooped it up.  I don't want to go divulging titles, I'd rather wait and save that for the Neverending Thread when I finish it,.  I will say that I did run into the newest Chris Jericho book, and almost bought it as well, but the combined total of the two books came to $24.99.  The thing is, for one more penny I could get free shipping and handling.  So instead I tossed the Jericho book back for another day and snagged two other paperbacks instead.  Which I guess is fine, the Jericho book will probably come down in price, and it gives me a chance to earn more money from Amazon.  I cashed in one gift card yesterday before placing my order, and just bought another $5 card today, so hopefully when I run through the next 3 and half books I will have enough money saved up for another card.

And really, that is about it for the updates for one evening.  Time to settle in with some chicken sandwiches and iced tea and call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been