Friday, February 11, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 42 - Shorter and shorter

I'm tired.  What can I say, it was a long day.  It was one of those days where not that everything went wrong, but was ill timed.  As a result I felt like I was constantly playing catch up.  It all started with Clare calling off.  Normally Clare works in the deli with Rick, but her presence there allows Rick to do other things as well.  In that regard it is a relationship not unlike the one I have with Sammy, where by having him I am able to do a bunch of other things, like placing orders, breaking down invoices, etc.  With Clare not there, that meant some of the other things Rick does ahd to be handled by other people, so he couldn't put away his order today or run to the bank to get the weekend change, both tasks fell to others, namely me.  Still that wouldn't have been bad save for the fact that both trucks we were to receive to day, a grocery order and a Coke delivery were both late and then both arrived at the same time, at a point where we had sent Sammy to Office Depot to pick up some supplies, toner for the copier and stuff like that.  From there it just spiralled into a clusterfuck of a day where I was happy just to keep my head above water, forget about having anything resembling a productive day.  

The only plus to the whole fiasco was that on the bus ride home I managed to finish my book, of course I have already cracked the next one though I am very much in the early stages of it.  But it provides me something to do on evenings like this, where all I want to do now is curl up with a good book and go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been