Thursday, February 10, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 41 - Bored

Just sitting here frying up a chicken breast for sammiches, as the locals sometimes say.  Other than that I can't think of a whole heck of a lot that is really going on that is noteworthy or otherwise.  

Work was what work was, nothing really exciting there either.  The only slightly different thing there recently was that Sammy and I took some food in this week, I still had leftover lasagna, it was so packed with meat and veggies that if I ate two pieces I was completely full, yet I made an entire pan of it.  Sammy brought in some burgers and fried chicken, both of which were very yummy.  I am starting to think my little basement crew has more talent than first realized.  Even our deli people are wanting us to cook, not that I ever had a doubt about my cooking ability, I have worked enough places in the past that I am more than comfortable in the kitchen, but cooking is something that nobody else at work would really know me for.  I have been known for many things at work, a pretty good worker, sometimes funny, and definitely a person to drink with, the cooking thing just adds to the persona a little bit.  Of course I am also temperamental, can be mean spirited and don't suffer fools gladly as well, so there are minuses to me as well.  

Really though, beyond that there is absolutely nothing to report.  It was nice to read in the paper the other day that like US Steel in its memo to employees, it turns out the county jail had 80 guards call off for the Super Bowl and now those 80 people need to come in with a valid doctor's slip before they will be allowed to work again.  At least in some places around here sanity reigns supreme.  

Well I will not bore you with anything else, or pretend like my heart is even remotely in this this evening.  I am closing in on finishing another book, and that sounds like a good idea right now before bed.  Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been