Saturday, February 12, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 43 - Still employed

While you were sleeping, guess what I did?  If you guessed slept you are correct.  And then I woke up around 9am, puttered about the apartment for 30 minutes or so and went back to bed.  By the time I woke up and started actually doing things today it was 2pm.  Rest, glorious rest.

Of course I still had to go into work and put Monday's order in.  Since it technically doesn't have to be in until Sunday, I still wasn't in that much of a rush.  Instead I went out and picked up my bus pass for next week, then meandered downtown while reading my newest book on the bus.  I got into town in relative short order, but instead of heading right to work I detoured to Smithfield Outlet, just to see if they had any goodies on sale.  Not much to report on that front sadly.  All of the Little Debbie snack cakes were gone, they usually sell them and 79 cents a box or 3 boxes for $2, and the family size potato chips that they sell for $1.49 a bag were also gone.  They had bbq and sour cream ones, but I prefer the regular old chips, then if I want dip I will buy that separately, rather than have my chips preseasoned.  Instead I went with the the tortilla chips )also $1.49) and salsa instead as my evening snack, of which I am snacking on as I write this.  I figured it would go well with some fried chicken sandwiches and wouldn't you know it did.  

Finally I made it into work, somewhere around 3pm, spent about an hour and a half putting together the Monday order, went to send it in and the phone line was busy.  I called back around 6 times, but just kept getting the busy signal, so instead I just brought my Texlon home and sent the order from here.  

Other than that it has been a pretty quiet day.  I did hop onto Battlenet last nite to play some Diablo 2.  I am at a crossroads with that game.  I should note that I have already beaten it, many moons ago, but since then there have been upgrades to the game in the form of patches, the easiest way to get those is to log onto the Battlenet page and they will automatically download them for you.  And the patches make the game much more challenging, by the third time through the game (each time you beat the game it opens up in a harder level, normal, nightmare and hell) everything you fight, even the smallest creatures are resistant to damage in one form or another.  The worst are the bosses that are immune to physical damage and have stone skin.  It can take the better part of an hour for even a high level player to beat something like that.  And I was about halfway through the modified hell level when my last computer just died.  I had my "Office Space" moment with it after its death, then realized that I am going to have to go back to square one with Diablo 2 all over again.  It also gave me a chance to restart the online version on Battlenet as well.  The crossroads I am at involved the fact that in the home version I am one big fight away from taking a paladin from the normal level up to nightmare, while the online version I was looking to complete the first act of normal with an amazon.  I opted for online last night, it was the easier of the two and after about an hour of gameplay I cracked open the second act. Then I stopped, climbed into bed with my book and was asleep in about 15 minutes.

Meanwhile in Egypt Mubarak does indeed step down.  I have no idea how this will play out, pretty much no one does, otherwise they would have been predicting this long before it happened, so to hear them now on TV talking all glowingly about how things will unfold from this point on is a tad bit disingenuous.  No one really knows how this will ultimately turn out, so any utterances to the contrary are just talking heads happy to hear themselves speak.  The only definite thing we know is Mubarak is out of work, and I hate to break it to him, but last I checked we weren't hiring.

I could ramble on, but I am sure that would bore you and me both.  Maybe tomorrow I will be more talkative, or type-ative as the case may be.  But for now I am going to call it a night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been