Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 54 - This passes for brevity

I'll try to be brief, if for no other reason than I am running out of time to get an entry in today.  I managed to get the hockey videos updated, but that doesn't count for this 365 project.  I was somewhat delayed because I was dumb enough to wait for a Facebook app to update.  I play Madden NFL  on Facebook, but the site went down late last nite for maintainence, which was fine with me, I am not going to be up that late, and I was going to be working all day so I couldn't play anyway.  But when I got home the site still wasn't running.  In fact all told it was down for almost 20 hours.  The problem with that is many aspect of the game work on timers, some players and all head coaches are run on timers as well as a current challenge I am working on, and as time ticked off there became less and less a chance I would get everything done in time.  So my gaming evening fell into a holding pattern.  

I figured next I would go ahead and work on some other things online.  I checked some message boards that I frequent, but there was nothing for me to comment on, watched a few videos while I waited and even commented on a couple of other blogs, once again proving that my scribblings are not limited to this place.  As an added bonus I even made dinner, because I am all that and a bag of chips.  And if you ever come to visit, that will be dinner, a bag of chips.  I save the good cooking for me.

Next I decided to go ahead and start this entry.  Now I have a couple of options in that regard, I can just go to the Multiply page and start typing, but I have lost too many blog entries using that method, so I usually use another program and copy and paste over.  Usually I will use either Wordpad or OpenOffice.  The difference is that OpenOffice does some spell chacking and punctuation checking while I am working whereas Wordpad doesn't.  Of course I can always preview and spell check on Multiply, but if I can afford myself an extra layer of protection from my own stupidity it isn't a bad thing, so I went to use OpenOffice and it said an update was available.  I should have turned and ran at that point but instead I tried installing the update and it just became a long arduous process, one that is still taking place while I am stuck in Wordpad land.  Lesson learned, never tinker with something that already works.  Too many things can go wrong.

And it is not like I want to be up doing computer fixins these evening.  I place the Pepsi order at work today and I have 198 cases coming in in the morning, more than enough to keep me busy and enough that I should probably get to bed early to be properly rested for the event.  Between that, another order from Arizona Tea, placing orders at two stores, recreating a cigarette inventory sheet and redoing our entire dairy pricing, I have plans for a pretty full Thursday on the docket, the last thing I want to do is be up half the night and go to work feeling like a zombie.  

So instead of Zombieification, I will stop right here and hope the update eventually finishes downloading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been