Friday, November 28, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 323 - It's not my fault, I swear

     Once again it is a late night (and late from a day perspective) foray into blogging.  I wish I could take credit for this, that the reason I didn't get into a blog had to do with me spending time with my family over a holiday meal, or even me sitting on a bar stool and being too drunk to blog.  Okay, maybe the drunk thing is a bit much, but a night of revelry with the regulars at the bar wouldn't have been bad.  Instead my day was spent at work, 11.5 hours there.  There is a few positives to that, I got paid time and a half and I picked up an additional vacation day, the store now owes me 8 of them, so today wasn't a complete loss.

     The decision to work though means I am getting about the process of writing even later than I should.  I suppose as soon as I got home I could have cracked open the laptop and started typing, but part of winding down after a long day is just taking some time for myself and doing whatever it is I feel like doing, and eating of course.  Not that I need food, I imagine I could get by just off of my own body fat if need be, but still one meal a day isn't too much, even if that meal was just a deli sandwich from work and a couple of microwave burritos.

     I could have done the holiday thing if I threw my proverbial management weight around, Brian invited me to have Thanksgiving at his house with him and his sons and Ed and Sharon.  I don't think Brian realized that I was on the schedule actually pulling a floor shift tonight as well as going in and doing the sales numbers before that.  Or I could have made the argument that I wanted to go home to have Thanksgiving with my family, but with the way things are there I doubt it would have been much of an event.  I am still not sure my mom is even mentally capable of operating the appliances in a kitchen and I have some experience cooking, but I don't know if I have the ability to pull off a Thanksgiving day feast, so more than likely I would have went home only to end up going out to eat, which isn't all that festive in my eyes.  Plus I still would have had to come home almost as soon as we finished dinner no matter where we ate, because Friday morning I am back in the office at work, and it will be the first day sans Ed, so it is my dog and pony show for the next six months.

    So Thanksgiving wasn't so much about me going where I was wanted, but instead going where I was needed.  Now I am just sitting here, typing when I should be sleeping because it just a few short hours I get to do it all over again.  Wash, rinse, repeat. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been