Sunday, November 9, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 309 - Explaining things

     So yesterday's post was about all I could get off in my inebriated state.  That happens when I drink multiple beers and then start doing shots of Jack Daniels on top of it.  Sadly that is becoming the norm anymore, I have probably been to the bar four times in the last week.  I am getting to the point that most days after work I am thinking that I need a drink.  Everything is falling on my plate and I am doing my best to juggle all of the balls and keep them in the air, but there are times where it is just too much.

     Prime example would be Friday.  We got a new fryer for our deli, it is a large floor model fryer and it has it's own hood, so it doesn't need a ventilation system, it has a charcoal filter in the top instead.  This is a piece of equipment which I will probably never use since I do very little work in the deli itself and while I have some experience with fryers (years of foodservice experience will give one such knowledge) I have never used one that had its own filtering system and hood, so there were some bells and whistles that I am not familiar with.   Nothing I couldn't learn and pick up on fairly quickly, but it isn't knowledge that I will put to use all that much.

     The supplier sent someone out Friday, his job was to train the people who will be using it on how to use it.  That's all fine and good, but for some reason Ed wants me to know this as well.  Anyway, I get my paperwork done fairly quickly on Friday and I run off to the bank to do our deposits and get the weekend change.  When I get back I am told that the guy is there to show us the fryer.  All well and good, hopefully they got things started and I will catch up as the training goes.  Except they didn't get things started, they waited for me before they even began.  And one of the first things that needs to be done is the fryer needs boiled out, a process that takes 30 minutes.  So rather than start this process they waited meaning another 30 minutes of my day was shot while we learned absolutely nothing, it was literally the process of watching a pot boil. 

     So instead I was once again held way after work, I didn't get out until after 5pm and by the end of this nonsense I just wanted a drink.  Saturday morning rolls around and while I am not hungover, I just have no energy whatsoever.  Everything just felt like it was like walking in quicksand.  It was so bad at work that I actually cut out for an hour, I thought maybe a trip to the Squirrel Cage for lunch might put a fire back in my belly but when I got there the kitchen wasn't open, so it was just a wasted trip.

     I started reading a book, in hopes that maybe that will ignite my mental energies, since usually when I spend too much time away from reading I start feeling dumber, but the book I am reading isn't something I would normally have picked out, so my interest level is mediocre at best.  I ordered another book off of Amazon but it hasn't arrived yet, so I am settling at this point until it gets here.

     Alright, enough whining from me.  I guess the good news is I didn't go to the bar today so there is that (yes it is open on Sundays).  But then, I didn't work today either, lounging at home is a little less stressful than work so the desire for a beer or three just wasn't there.  Instead I got my Coke points updated, adding another 100 (the weekly max) and pretty soon I am going to have to pick out a prize or something and I did manage a trip to the grocery store (and reading on the bus as well) and now I think I will go set y fantasy hockey lineups for the upcoming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been