Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 321 - Coocoo for cocoa puffs

     Today was one of those uneventful days at work, things just click along well enough hat there wasn't an issue anywhere that I am aware of.  Perhaps something did happen that I was not privy to, if that is the case then I stand by the ignorance is bliss notion and happily move along.

     However, on the bus ride home, that is a different matter.  I had to make a stop at the store formerly known as Gus Millers, so I took one of the buses at my stop that will take me along Forbes Avenue in Oakland.  As I am waiting for the bus I am chatting with a lady who also rides that bus, she works across the street from us and is in the store once or twice a day, so I know her to see her, but honestly I couldn't begin to tell you her name.  Anyway, we are chatting and waiting for the same bus, it comes along and we both get on, she goes all the way to the back of the bus, I went about halfway back and sat down.

     Next thing I know there is a younger guy who was sitting in the back of the bus on the opposite side, and now he is changing seats.  I wasn't sure what to make of it, maybe he just wanted more space to himself, maybe he had something against the female I had been talking too, maybe he is racist (she was black, he was white), honestly I don't know why he moved to a different seat.  

    The bus gets into Oakland and makes its first stop along Forbes Avenue and picks a few more people up, including an older black lady.  The man in question gets up and offers her the inside seat.  When he gets up, he makes this spin like, pirouette move almost like he is offering her a seat and doing it with a little bit of flair.  Except he keeps spinning.  He must have spun around like 4 or 5 times before finally sitting back down. 

     Now my stop is coming up in another two stops so I get up and throw my backpack over my shoulder and wait in the aisle.  I figure if anyone is getting on the bus they can have my seat and I will slowly make my way forward to the front  after the next stop.  All goes well, someone does get on the bus and does need a seat and so they take the one I previously had, meanwhile the bus is now approaching my stop.  I make my way up the aisle and the man in question gets up also.  Maybe he is getting off at the same stop.   Nope, he just stands in the aisle and starts spinning again, then changes seats again.

     It was one of those things that was so odd I can't even find a way to make fun of it.  I have seen strange things in Pittsburgh before, as evidenced by the Burger King Presidential candidate, Fucking Chicken Lady and Jesus on a Stick guy just to name a few, but I don't think I have ever seen anything quite like this.  And if I see it again I am going to have to think hard to come up with another clever name.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been