Thursday, November 20, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 316 - Day 3:16 says I just got my ass whipped

     Another week of fantasy sports and all I can say after that week was yikes.  On the plus side none of the results were so bad as to cause permanent damage to my team and their playoff aspirations but this past week didn't instill any confidence either.  Time to take a look at the results.

     Fantasy Football

     Work league - A 142.12 - 76.40 loss.  The overall record drops to 6-5 and the only redeeming thing about this particular week is that as of now I would still have a playoff spot as the 4th place team, though only via a tiebreaker.  With three weeks left my work is cut out for me because the last two weeks I play the first and second place teams in the league.

     Swagbucks league - A 79.32 - 67.86 loss.  Only my third loss of the year, my record sits at 8-3 and the margin of defeat was the largest of those three losses.  The loss did drop me into second place overall and with three weeks left I have a two game lead on the last playoff spot.  Good news is that two of my remaining three games are against the two worst teams in the league, so while a playoff spot is not assured yet if I miss the playoffs it would have to be a choke job of the highest order.

     Fantasy Hockey

     Radio league - I am currently in 4th place, one spot higher than last week, though I continue to lose ground to the first place team.  I have 7 of the top 25 scorers in the NHL, but scoring doesn't matter in this league apparently.  Here are the players I have and their NHL scoring rank, followed by their rank in fantasy points; Sidney Crosby - T 1st, 4th; Jakub Voracek - T 1st, 41st; Claude Giroux T 6th, T 6th; Rick Nash T 11th, 22nd; Kyle Okposo T 18th, 104th; Nick Foligno T 18th, 3rd; John Tavares T 18th, 53rd.  There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to this. How three guys can have the same number of points but be ranked 3rd, 53rd and 104th is beyond me.  They have the same fucking number of points!!!!!

     My league - I went 5-6-0 last week, putting my overall record at 28-19-8.  I didn't drop in the standings much, I m in 6th place with 64 points (two points for a win, one for a tie), and second through 7th place is separated by all of 5 points (67 to 62) so everything is still packed pretty tightly after 5 weeks.  I am glad that most of the team owners are still involved, with a 21 week regular season there are leagues where people get tired and just quit showing up, but so far that hasn't been the case here.

     Anyway that should bring everyone back up to date, I am sure you have been waiting on the edges of your seats for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been