Saturday, November 15, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 313 - Growing up Google

     As this little project of mine is winding down I am learning some things about myself.  The most obvious would be that I enjoy blogging, which comes as no surprise to anyone, but that I am in need of some sort of happy medium.  Bogging every day is a grind, especially when it feels like there is nothing to blog about, or life gets too hectic to sit down and bang something out.  The result is lots of posts that were probably better left not written, they weren't all that compelling or creative, they were simply words for the sake of words.  That being said, forcing myself to sit down every night does remind me of why I like doing this as much as I do.  Recently that hasn't been the case, not that I have enjoyed blogging less, but I haven't been here every day and I am okay with that.   There is a space in between somewhere, between blogging every day and blogging once in a blue moon, where I think my comfort zone actually resides.

     The problem with that of course is it would become very easy to just become lazy about the whole writing process again, and I am not sure I have the discipline needed to adhere to a semi-regular blogging schedule.  there are plenty of things in my life that if I don't carve out time and make sure I do them I will never do them, like my Sunday strolls so a schedule where I set my own schedule with absolutely no guidelines might not be good for the blog long term. 

     So as the year winds down I am still struggling, not with writing, but with the frequency with which I should write and I am not sure if I have any answers to that question yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been