Monday, November 24, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 320 - The countdown begins

     Friday arks the day where the empire is mine, all mine.  Excuse me while I cackle to myself while rubbing my hands together in a devious manner.

     Actually I do not know if I am looking forward to it or not, Ed is leaving for Florida the day after Thanksgiving and it will be up o me to keep the business afloat for the next 6 months.  I am sure Brian will be in more often but still it is quite a burden and responsibility.  The success of the business relies in large part on me doing my job to the absolute best of my ability.  Don't get me wrong, Ed will still be doing things, he usually does payroll and the scheduling while in Florida as well as some ordering and what not, but the actual day to day dealing with things both profound and nonsensical will fall squarely on my shoulders.

     I am sure over the next day or so I will have to have a sit down with Ed, just to make sure I have a firm grasp over just what he expects of me over the coming months.  Some boundaries will need to be put in place, what will I be able to do on my own versus what does he want me to consult with him about.

     Brian will no doubt be around more often, he usually is when his dad isn't in town and that should help me to some degree, but I don't know how many hours he plans on putting in every day.  Today he did all of three, I hope that increases because there are certain things I like about having him around, such as the fact that he doesn't put up with as much stuff as Ed does.  Ed is a nice guy, but he often treats his employees like family as opposed to running a business, so there are times he is reluctant to make moves that need to be made, Brian is under no such illusion in that regard. 

    It will be weird in that now I am the bad guy as opposed to Ed but when he leaves I will be the good guy as opposed to Brian.  At the end of the day, I just want the business to be successful, I would like this to be the last job I ever have, not another waypoint onto other things.  For me I would like this to be it, so I guess there is some selfishness involved in wanting the business to do well. 

    First things first though, I have a couple of days to GMST before the empire is mine, all mine lol.

1 comment:

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been