Saturday, November 22, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 317 - A month later

     Late night and I am just up putzing around and I realized that I hadn't put anything on the page today.  I was actually pretty comfortable with that, but then I ran across this little nugget.  I don't know how many readers know who Jim Ross is, I would imagine there are some readers who do and some who wouldn't have a clue, but for the uninformed Ross is probably one of the best announcers in the history of professional wrestling.

     The reason that I am referencing that is because his guest is Mark Madden, a name that probably fewer people know, though locally here in Pittsburgh that wouldn't be the case as Mark hosts a three hour sports talk show.  The reason Mark is a guest on Jim Ross's show is that Mark also used to be an announcer for the now defunct WCW (World Championship Wrestling). 


     Since I began this week digging into my radio past with the Lynn Cullen event, I figured I would close it out the same way, as I was actually in the building during one of Mark's earliest radio appearances.  Mark used to be a substitute host for our drive time host, Bruce Keidan, early in my radio career and later on I would catch Mark off and on as we were both covering the Pittsburgh Penguins for our respective radio outlets, him for 970AM and me for 1360AM. 

     That isn't to say he and I are friends, beyond a hello or a couple of words here and there I can't say he and I spoke much and chances are he wouldn't have the slightest clue who I am today.  While we both share a great admiration for Doug Hoerth, Mark and I obviously ended up walking very different paths.  Still while poking around the web this evening I saw this over on podcastone.com, an interview that Jim Ross did a month ago and since I have posted other events that other radio acquaintances have done in the past, like Lynn's cabaret show or Rocco Pendola's brief run on Fox Sports Radio, then posting this interview seems like a logical place for me to go this evening.  Enjoy!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been