Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 322 - One down, three to go

     Just doing another of my fantasy recaps here, I actually managed to clinch a playoff spot in one of the football leagues, the Swagbucks league, which is funny because at the very beginning of the season Yahoo had me projected to go 0-14, yet here I sit with a 9-3 and having clinched a playoff spot with two weeks left in the season.  Just how wrong did Yahoo come with their projection on my team, well lets get into that shall we....


     Fantasy Football

     Swagbucks league - I posted a 141.08-88.60 win, pushing my record to 9-3 and clinching one of the 4 playoff spots.  Technically I am still in second place, but how I finish in the regular season isn't nearly as important as how I finish in the post season.  After 12 weeks though, I do want to spend a minute showing just how wrong Yahoo was at the very beginning of the year when they projected that my roster wouldn't win a single game (0-14).  Not only am I already 9 games better than that projection, but after 12 games I am the leader in a number of categories, such as;

Longest win streak - 5
Smallest margin of defeat - 5.43 points per game
Points scored (week) - 141.08
Points scored (season) - 1264.58
Offense points (week) - 126
Offense points (season) - 1060.58
Kicking points (week) - 21
Defensive points (season) - 113
Points from post draft acquisitions (season) - 317.9
Touchdowns (week) - 12
Touchdowns (season) - 73
Passing Yards (week) - 479
Passing Yards (season) - 3872
Receiving Yards (season) - 4084
Field Goals (week) - 5

     Suffice it to say, projections aren't everything.

     Work league - Another win, 113.70-86.10 to move to 7-5.  I remain in 4th place with the win, having what amounts to a two game lead over 5th place (6-6 but I hold the tiebreaker edge), so any combination of a win by me or a loss by the 5th place team over the last two weeks will get me in the playoffs.  Still there is no guarantees, I play the 2nd place team this week and the 1st place team to end the regular season, my pursuer plays the 8th and 2nd place teams.  I could finish as high as second place, though lots of things would have to break right for that to happen, and again, it doesn't matter where you finish in the regular season, only where you finish in the playoffs (if I make it that far).

     Fantasy Hockey

     Radio league - There are no playoffs here, just standings for how you finish the season and given I have no understanding of the scoring, which I have bitched about plenty in the past, I am happy that I am in 4th place, albeit out of 5 teams.  The Voracek saga continues, he remains tied for first in the NHL in scoring, yet is ranked 42nd in fantasy scoring, right between Cody Franson (who?) and Leo Komarov (who?).

    My league - I went 4-4-3 last week, overall I am 32-23-11, good for 75 points and 6th place.  Points wise I am tied with 5th place, but the first tie breaker is wins (wins are more valuable than ties).  The top 6 teams are separated by just 10 points in the standings, meanwhile there is a 9 point drop off between 6th and 7th and the top 6 teams make the playoffs.

     There, a fantasy recap for everyone.  A boring read to be sure, but a great way to kill time while cooking a turkey tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been