Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 315 - 20,000 reasons to go

     Made it back from seeing Lynn Cullen at the CLO Cabaret Theater.  It was my first ever visit to the venue so I wasn't sure what to expect.  Seating was assigned, based on the number bought and the amount paid.  I bought one of the cheapie seats for $50 and was seated in a relatively good spot, but given how intimate the setting was I doubt there were bad seats per se. 

     What I did not know about cabaret seating is that they serve you food and drinks prior to the performance if you wish.  I didn't partake in any food or beverage, but what I saw being brought out from the kicthen looked decent enough; sliders, quesadillas, cheese plates, just lots of simple appetizer-y things, nothing too fancy but everything was well presented when it came out. 

     The show was great, lots of clips from Lynn's TV days and funny stories from her time in Pittsburgh media and before, but probably the best thing about the show was that it was a benefit and the proceeds of the show ended up going to Planned Parenthood of Western PA.  With a sold out venue that meant that Planned Parenthood got $20,000 from tonight's event.  Not too shabby.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been