Monday, September 28, 2015

B365V2.126 - Park-ing places

Well I meandered back to the park, for the first time in what feels like ages, but in truth is more like a week or so.  I wanted to do a little blogging, since it has been a week since I wrote from outside.  Not that I stopped going to my spot after work, I just haven't felt the urge to write there.  Like yesterday, I got there around 7:30 pm with nowhere to be, but as I sat there, the bad part about that being the coolest spot downtown reared its ugly head. While it was comfortable outside, in that park the wind, what little of it there was, was whipping about all hurricane like.  When I walked to my bus stop a block away, it was like there wasn't a breeze at all.

I went there first and foremost to do some reading.  I am loving the new Jenny Lawson book I got via Amazon.  The writing style I would describe as manic, not as an insult to the author but because it reminds me a lot of how my mind is before I fall asleep.  I have tried describing it on this page before, but the process goes something like this, as an example.  I am tired, nearly asleep and a thought of my cat I had as a kid, Sniffles, pops into my head for some reason.  Sniffles was a cat and a cat has four paws. A pause is a period of waiting, but what am I waiting for, a person or something to happen.  If it is a person do I want to see them.  If it is something about to happen, it is good or bad.  Am I going to witness a tragedy?  Tragedy was the best song ever by the Bee Gees.  By the way, whatever happened to Andy Gibb?

This type of train of thought continues until my mind settles on one and I fall asleep.  It is the same feeling I get when reading Jenny's book.  I call her Jenny like we know each other, when in fact we do not.  She has no idea of my existence, unless she spends her free time reading obscure blog ramblings on the Internet.

I came to the park tonight in hopes of seeing the eclipse, but that isn't going to happen.  It is much too cloudy.  It was raining when I got here so I opted for dryness and am sitting under the pavilion.  Of course as soon as I got here I was interrupted by one of my tanukis.  I threw him some cheese popcorn as an offering and he stuck around for a minute to eat before running off.    And somebody just parked on the road, almost directly behind the bench I usually use when I am here,  so it is like I never left.  The suspicious drug vehicles and tanukis, I don't know why I took a week off from coming here.   Probably because I have worked the last 20 days in a row.  Now I am in charge of the entire operation at work the next three days, Ed is in Florida and Brian is out of town.    The store is mine, all mine, bwah hah hah.

My night vision would be great for horror movies.  Someone just walked by and all my night vision could make out was a silhouette of them.  He could have been carrying a machete and I would have never seen it.   But if my head were to be lopped off in the park, I am sure the Pittsburgh Police would be in no great hurry to solve the crime.  Our hearing for when the store was robbed last year was delayed again.  I know if I am a defense attorney I am arguing that my client is being failed in his constitutional right for a speedy trial.  He had been incarcerated for a year now and hasn't had a hearing yet.

I came home, no sense waiting outside for something I can't see.   I will say for anyone who is thinking about "upgrading" to Windows 10, it has been nothing but trouble for me.  I downloaded it and the first few days everything was fine, then I went to start my computer the other day and it wasn't recognizing a driver and it required me to reinstall Windows 10 all over again and then to redownload all of the program's I had before, including Firefox and my anti virus program.  Now I am having issues with my audio, I will be listening to something and the audio just disappears for no reason whatsoever.  Suffice it to say, Windows 10 has been a clusterfuck for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been