Friday, September 25, 2015

B365V2.124 - Cutting promos

     So I have kept my little personal game going, I have yet to exchange greetings with my barista at Crazy Mocha.  They opened the shop on August 10th and I have been there every day since then, on some occasions twice in the same day and we have yet to exchange names.  I am wondering how long I can keep this up.  It is slowly reaching a tipping point, the other day I popped in on my way to work and said that getting my coffee was the highlight of my day, to which she said, "Wow, that's sad."  What can I say kids, I have a way with the women folk. 

     I decided not to negotiate pricing on Calypso lemonade like I had mentioned in my last entry.  I decided to drop Mark a note over at Full Circle and let him know someone else was making a play for one of the product lines he distributes.  I have know Mark for about 4 years now, we were one of his first accounts ever and certainly one of his first "big" accounts to deal with.  I watched him build Full Circle distributors from a one man operation with his busting his ass to generate sales to the point where he has deals and run promotions with Giant Eagle, the largest supermarket chain in the area.  What can I say, loyalty means something to me and Mark has always been fair with us, I wasn't going to see a company take him out at the knees without him knowing about it ahead of time.  And it turns out he didn't know, based on the messages we exchanged today.  So maybe I have one in the favor basket if I need to call one in at a later date.  It at least gives him time to prepare should a bunch of his accounts decide to switch vendors on him all of a sudden, or start placing products brought in my other companies in his coolers.  there are a handful of vendors and professional acquaintances that I consider friends, mark is one of them, and nobody fucks with my friends.  Just an unwritten and unspoken rule. 

       Turns out next Monday and Tuesday I get to play Mob boss at work.  Brian is taking those two days off, so I will take over his desk, which is the largest in the office and all the way at the back.  So anyone coming in to see me will have to approach the desk after walking the length of the office.  In my ind it feels almost like one of those mob movie scenes, where those seeking favors have to approach the godfather sitting at his desk.  I know it is silly mental imagery, but it works for me and should make Monday and Tuesday a little more fun for me. 

     Meanwhile we are still taking applications at work.  We haven't fired anybody yet, but we have someone leaving in December and Ed may make some moves before then.  We have had two girls come in, one whose name was Sable.  I of course starting cutting the old WWF promo, the t-shirt spot as Jim Cornette would call it, where during every episode of Raw Sable would come out in some tight fitting T-shirt and say "All the men want to see me and all the women want to be me."  The other one came in today, though she didn't fill out the application yet so I can't do anything with her name, but she was definitely cute, medium length red hair, big round eyes, Angelina Jolie type lips, she was quite the looker and they would say 40 years ago.  The thing was she was wearing some variation on parachute pants.  So now I want to hire her just so in the middel of the day I can yell out, "Everybody stop, Hammer time!"  What can I say but the things that amuse me don't amuse most of you. 

     Well, since I am busy cutting promos here, might as well close this entry out with a classic Ric Flair, "You can love me, you can hate me, but I'm the best thing going today.  Wooo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been