Tuesday, September 15, 2015

B365V2.116 - Life is just a fantasy (Week 1 edition)

It's that time of year again, so for those who want to tune me out, by all meas go ahead. Football season has started which means fantasy football season has also started. As I have mentioned previously in the blog, I am again in two leagues this year, one that is work related and one with a group of bloggers on Facebook. Truth be told going into the season I was happier with my draft in the work league than I was in the one for blogging, in part because I picked 8th in the work league in a 10 team league, the blogging league I picked 10th in a 16 team league, which made for an incredibly long draft. The draft was so long and boring that by the end of it I was drafting guys like Boobie Dixon, for no other reason that I can post #boobies whenever he scores.

Anyway, we have one week in the books, time to see how my teams actually did.

Work league – (L) 105.42 to 83.22 I thought I had a steal in the draft getting Tom Brady in the 9th round, but that was before his suspension was lifted and people were scared to draft him. He had a good first week too, 27.62 points which was the highest score on my roster, but my 2nd round pick, Dez Bryant is out 4 to 6 weeks with a broken foot. Ouch. No need to Panic at the Disco just yet, but I start the year playing catch up.

Bloggers league – (W) 104-51 No fractional points in this league, but my 104 points were the highest score of any of the 16 teams. I don't expect that to continue throughout the year, but it is a nice result for week one. Matt Forte was my leading scorer with 22 points, but I also picked up 22 points out of my tight end which almost never happens, Travis Kelce, come on down. And yes, even though I didn't play him, Boobie Dixon did score a touchdown. #boobies I noticed that 6 teams make the playoffs in this league, and we are broken into 4 4 team divisions, so I don't know if the playoffs are the best 6b teams overall or the 4 division winners and the next two teams with best records. Must investigate this further if I continue to stay competitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been