Wednesday, September 2, 2015

B365V2.101 - One of those blogs I didn't want to write








As I sit here this isn't the blog I wanted to write.  Hell it wasn't even a blog I had planned on writing.  I had a couple different ideas pop into my head about what would be next, but then life got all kinds of, "screw you, I have other plans."

You see in the above video a couple of people, those people it turns out are my aunt and uncle. My aunt Carrie had entered a contest a while back and as part of the contest you were to let your best friend and if you won, then they also won.  She picked her husband (my uncle for those of you who struggle with family trees and such) and as luck would have it they were chosen as two of the winners.  

People who have been around my page before, or even over on Facebook, may be familiar with that video, I posted it when they first won, today I am posting it for a far less impressive reason. I got a call today at work that my uncle passed away last night or early this morning and I was pulled to the video to get one last look at him.  He and I had just spoke at my cousin's graduation party about a month ago.  We talked about baseball and football and next years family reunion, and never in a million years would I have thought it would be the very last time I would see him.  

My uncles are the types of men I aspire to be, not that we all have the same interests and what not, but their dedication and loyalty to their families in definitely inspiring.  I mean to be married for over 40+ years (mind you my grandparents were married for over 50 as were my great grandparents) and I wonder if that level of commitment hasn't skipped a generation with me.  Hell if I date someone longer than a month it is cause for celebration around the Matt household.  Bud was one of those types of examples of the man you hope to be someday, God knows that type of role model wasn't my father.  

So it is a sad day around these parts and as hard as it is for me I am sure it is much harder for his wife, children and grand children.  I don't even know how my mom is taking this, or if she is mentally capable of processing just what has happened.  I talked to her on the phone today and it was as depressing as all of our conversations have been of late.  So there is that monkey wrench to deal with over the next couple of days as well.  

Not that I beg for comments on my page, but I am going to put this out there anyway.  If you have never commented on anything on my blog before, do not use my grief as an invitation to do so now.  If you can't hang out with me during my best times, I don't need you commenting on my worst times either.  I don't need a bunch of "so sorry for your loss" posts after this simply because it is being typed out of some sort of social obligation, on this end of things it would come across as shallow, tacky and meaningless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been