Friday, September 4, 2015

B365v2.103 - Distractions

So, that was unexpected.  But then a lot of this entry is going to be unexpected, so buckle up kids, we are going for a ride.

I was at work today, just minding my ps and qs, it turns out Ed is leaving for Florida this weekend.  Business-wise he is leaving just after we probably finished out our best week of the year.  I'd have thought he might stick around to see how long we could keep the current numbers going, but he is suffering from Pittsburgh burn out (I know that feeling all to well) and has a burning desire to get out.  Brian and I work well together, so there should be no problems in that front.

Anyway, after work I went over to Mellon Square, something had been irritating me and I was going to get it off my blogging chest (more to come on that) and I had ate a couple of hot dogs, my training bird didn't show up today so I couldn't get him more accustomed to the taste of meat, I played a little MPQ and before I knew it it was 5:30 pm, so I figured I better 23 skeedo if I was going to catch the last 67 H home.  I go to the bus stop on 5th avenue across from the soon to be closed Macy's and I swear it is the worst bus stop downtown.  The way it smells is like the bums piss and shit all over the side of the building at night.  It is gagging reflex kinda bad.

So I am waiting there for my bus when I see a 61 B turning onto 5th Avenue from Grant Street.  Now that is not the normal route for the 61 B, I know this much, but I am thinking maybe there is a detour or something and they rerouted the bus.  Now the 61 B stops three blocks further away from my apartment than the 67 H, but it stops closer to CVS and I needed to pick up a few things, so what better time to do it than on my way home.  So I hop aboard the bus and it starts going down 5th Avenue, I figure since he normally comes up 5th Avenue he will go down to the hotel by the Point and use the turnaround and come back he way whence he came.  Instead the bus turns the opposite way of what I thought, though still capable of getting back on 5th avenue with a couple more turns at traffic lights.  These turns never happen though, instead the bus starts out the East End busway.  I look at the sign inside the bus, it still says 61 B, but there is no way in hell this bus is going on anything resembling the 61 B route.  So I figure I will get off on one of the stops on the busway and either head back into town and try again or cut across Shadyside, get the things I need there and then make my way home via one of the 71 buses.  I go to get off the bus and the bus driver lady says I don't discharge passengers at this stop, only pick ups.  I eye the bus driver, thinking about my options and realize she could probably kick my ass so I sit back down.  I am now on a bus bound for who knows where.  So I sit down in the front of the bus and look at her computer tracking screen (a large number of PAT buses are linked to a GPS system so you can track where your bus is on the web.  I see that I am on a 76 Lincoln Highway, a bus I used to take back in my radio days, when my second job was a WalMart in North Versailles. Before you ask, yes WalMart paid better than working in radio did.  So if I ride this thing to WalMart, I can get what it was I needed, then hop a 59 back to the Waterfront and transfer to a 61 D and be home after a 2 hour or so detour.  I am on the 59 potion of that journey now, which gives me plenty of time to type.

Now here is where I get to be a dick (it's my page after all), I had posed a question last week that was bothering me, what if I was wasting my time thinking about people who couldn't give two shits about me.  Now if you follow along either here on on Facebook, by now you know my uncle passed away.  I got a few sympathy notes from people over there, for which I am eternally grateful. Anyone who picked up anything about my Hope stories from ye olde blogging past know I am more about gestures than I am about tangible goods (my yearly Christmas List notwithstanding), so anyone over there saying sorry for your loss or words to that effect, means buckets.  But many of the people that I had been spending mental energy on, I have come to see that has been a one way street on my part.  I don't want to say am begging for sympathy, there are people suffering far more from my uncle's death than I am, but if these people has posted similar information about a family member it wouldn't have went unnoticed on my part.

Well just had a not so small  interruption in the blog there, seems a car hit my bus head on, so we all had to get off the bus and walk or wait for the next one.  Since I transfer buses about a mile away I decided to walk, get a coffee at Starbucks and relax for a minute.  This could have been a sign, one that meant I was getting too mean in my writing and I needed to stop, or it could have meant that some shit just needs said, and who knows how long we have to say it.  I am going for the latter option.

So, for the people who don't have the time of day for me, they are no longer getting two seconds of my energy.  As I have learned this week and again tonight, life is too short to be wasting it on ungrateful fucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been