Thursday, September 10, 2015

B365v2.110 - Muse-ical chairs

It feels like I lost my muse. That is not to be mistaken with my mojo, the two are completely different. My muse is my ability to write cleverly (at least in my opinion), and at it's best it is me taking something that I view as absurd and treating it like silly putty, bending and shaping it in varied ways to see if my words can't act as a prism, creating different offshoots of even more absurdishness, preferably magnifying the original content.

My mojo is just another term for luck, though it must be an extended period of luck. If I go to work and find $20 on the ground but the rest of the day sucks, then I wouldn't use mojo to describe it. Now if I were to go to work and find $20 and along the way home find say a dozen Coke points, go to the corner store and have Numan give me a free coffee, or to the gas station and get extra punches on my coffee card, then see someone who I haven't seen in ages, that would be mojo. And when the mojo is in full effect I can be unbearable, because I start thinking I can do anything (within reason).

Usually mojo ends up being a by product of lots of hard work. Not that the two are directly related, but in my own experience, my mojo tends to kick in when I am busting my ass on everything else.

The muse portion of the equation hasn't been there recently though. I can come on here and bang out a blog entry or two but I find my words to be quite tiring more than anything else. Probably because I didn't find anything absurd to write about and rewriting and in essence reliving a day on the page that wasn't all that enjoyable to begin with becomes more of a chore than an entertaining exercise. Now I am hoping that part of my missing muse is just a temporary thing, that the suckage that life has fired my way recently has tamped down my spirit a little bit.

Not that my mojo has stepped in to fill any of the gaps either, perhaps some good results from my fantasy football teams tonight will help in that regard. I know, I am supposed to be all rah rah, Stillers are awesome and some such parochial bullshit but anyone who knows me the only teams I root for are my fantasy football teams. If the Steelers win and my teams do well, then it is an added bonus, but I do not sit on the phone waiting to call in to the postgame show till 1am, I have better things to do with my time. Nor is my mood dictated to me by how the local team does. I save that for something that matters, like hockey.

I didn't get any winning entries on the Spotify contest so I gave it away to a friend. I think I should stop with trying to give away stop with trying to give away stuff on here, I ended up begging for people to do it and it isn't worth the level of aggravation I put myself through. Far better I just share the wealth with people I like and have that be the end of it. It is much easier that way. Besides I end up feeling a little bit better when I do give things away, so why put that feeling off by waiting around for people, just do it.

Well I best get back to setting up the new Ipad. I hate reloading all of the apps I found useful, but somebody has to do it, might as well be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been