Thursday, September 17, 2015

B365V2.117 - A walkthrough

8:58 am  I made it to the bus stop stop on time today, meaning I do not have to walk across Oakland to catch my bus.  There is an attractive blond at the bus stop, which means I went into full blown Matt mode and did absolutely nothing.  Thankfully my bus arrived just a minute or two after I did, otherwise there would have been periods of awkward silences, broken up by each of us checking our phones.

While I did get to the bus stop almost too late, I have been up for almost two hours now.  Grinding away on the most recent MPQ event, trying to get my first legendary token since the game released them a week or so ago.  For those not in the MPQ know, legendary tokens are guaranteed to be either 4 or 5 star cards and given how hard those are to come by in the game, if they are going to offer one as a prize then I am going to bust my ass get it, including waking up early to play some more.   All of you non MPQ players and adults don't get it, I know, but I am a MPQ player and as far from being or acting like an adult as a 46 year old can be.

9:13 am The bus deposits me downtown, not before I almost took a nap on it though.  Walking to Crazy Mocha then work, because nothing starts a day quite like admiring a barista from a far, or from a near as the case may be.

9:18 am Got my coffee, my barista chick (I still have not gotten up the required courage to ask for her name yet) let me know she was paying special attention to my coffee today.  Mind you twice I have gone in and emptied the pot on them, only to top off my regular coffee with dark roast and I think I snagged the last one out of the pot yesterday.  But there was enough there for my cup, it turned into a water into wine moment, or water into coffee moment.  Sadly they don't have bread, otherwise I would have asked her to turn the loaves into fishes.

9:56 am  Stepped out for my first cigarette of the day. Well the first one at work anyway.  Already pulled the lottery and western union reports, ran the sales report, settled the credit cards and fielded one of those melodramatic phone calls from my mom's husband.  Apparently he is is the hospital and has been since Tuesday (so telling me on Thursday makes a damn bit of sense, correct?).  Something about bleeding out of his ass or something, I don't know, he starts talking anymore and it all sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher to me.  Of course my mom is in no position to take care of herself, so I am supposed to drop everything I am doing because Mike might have hemorrhoids.   Time to drag my ass back inside, I have two Sledd orders to place.  That and they are using a jackhammer across the street.

11:36  Another cigarette please.  Got most of my ordering done, waiting on our deli to get me a list of what they need then I can finish up on that front.  Another order was dropped on my desk, which I placed with cat like quickness (Meow!).  Balanced the western union and the lottery, next stop is sales numbers.  Thank god Pandora kicked up some Coheed and Cambria to deal with this.  Sammy asked me if I got digits from the Crazy Mocha girl, I said I fail to see how chopping off her fingers helps me in the long run.

1:30   Outside for another cigarette, simply because I farted in the office I felt a need to escape my own personal gas chamber.  Got the sales numbers done and Brian is gone for the day.  Dare I say everything is going off like clockwork right now.  I may get home on time today.  Woohoo!

2:09   Off to do my bank run.  Just ran into an old friend on my way out the door.  He works like 3 blocks from me and we haven't hung out or anything in years.  I have a streak going at the bank where I haven't fucked up any of my deposits in two weeks now.  Based on the numbers on my paperwork, today should be on point as well.  I do not have this typing and walking thing down yet.  Time to hang the turn and walk past my downtown blogging spot.

3:58  About things going smoothly, cancel that.  I got a text while I was at the bank, the Health Department stopped by for their annual inspection.  Nothing major was wrong, though if I were to be punished, I could only hope Elizabeth (our inspectors name) dresses up in leather to do it. I would sign up for that kind of punishment.  There were a few things we need to fix, we have two weeks to get our shit together, then she is coming back.  Is it to much for me to hope she brings a whip and riding crop with her.  Okay, I'll behave now.  Just waiting for my bus to arrive, yesterday it was 30 minutes late.  Not that that should surprise anyone, me with my luck with buses this summer.  Two of them have been involved in accidents while I was on board.

I almost watched someone lose a game of Crackhead Frogger here.  For those not in the know, we have an inordinate number of people that come by here that are all kinds of whacked out on drugs, many of whom feel it is there right to cross the street against the light, so the game commences when they try to dodge oncoming traffic.  I have seen one person lose so far in my 5 + years here, though there have been plenty of near misses, one of which I just saw.

4:17  On the bus headed home. It was on time for a change.

4:22  I have one of the easiest commutes, already walking down my street to my apartment.  Time to get back to grinding on MPQ.  My fantasy football lineups are set, so no need to tinker with those.  We are good to go for Thursday night football.

5:54  Started making dinner, nothing to extravagant for my bachelor lifestyle.  Opting for meatloaf sandwiches with gravy and French fries.  Been thinking of what the title of this blog entry should be, but then titles are always the last thing I think about.  Some obviously write themselves, like the Karaoke Friday entries, and usually on fantasy sports entries I can come up with something off of the top of my head pretty easily, but entries like this are tougher.  On one hand you want the title to confer something within the entry itself, but also make the reader ask themselves just what the hell it is I am talking about.  I think I have something in mind, but not sure everyone will get it.  Perhaps later I will explain it, after I eat or something.

9:15  I finished my grind on MPQ to get the legendary character in the Hulk event.  Sadly it was just an Elektra card, I only had one cover of her, a second really doesn't make her any more useful to me yet.  But now that I have that done I can finish up this entry, the sandwiches and fries were what they were, bachelor cooking.  Not a good Cajun chicken sandwich like I am craving right now from the Squirrel Cage.  But I am still trying to not blow money here, so no splurge of any sort until after payday, if then.  Rent is due and all that jazz and while my apartment is small, it keeps a roof over my head for the time being, which is all I could hope for. Just checked my bank account, definitely no splurges for me.  I still have to get a bus pass for next week so I can be involved in another crash or three, and pay my phone bill.  I should take my cell phone bill to work tomorrow and get that off of my list of things to do, since work pays that bill.  Anyway, I am calling it a night here, so nite everyone, wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been