Tuesday, September 22, 2015

B365V2.122 - Life is just a fantasy (Week #2)

Well we are through two weeks of the fantasy football season and all that can be said after two weeks is we are back to where we started.  I am 1-1 in both leagues after two weeks, but both rosters could use some work.  I am a tinkerer like that.  Anyway, on to the specific.....

Work league (W) 126.64-106.56   My total was the highest point total in the league this week, which is good because the person I played had the second highest.  I know only too well what that feels like, to have a week where you think you have done enough to win only to lose.  But then I lost two playoff games in this league last year by less that three total points in two games.  So I am all kings of familiar with disappointment.  Once again it was Tom Brady leading the way, still can't believe I got him in the 9th round of the draft.  His 28.24 points were the difference between me winning and losing, as my backup QB would not have done enough to carry me to victory.

Bloggers league (L) 115-73  I did not expect to go undefeated, and I do all kinds of crazy things with this team, like drafting Boobie Dixon for his name alone.  This week I started two tight ends, which is almost unheard of in fantasy football unless you have Rob Gronkowski and managed to clone him and play both him and his clone, other than that, playing two tight ends is almost never done.  Well I broke with convention, starting Travis Kelce and Tyler Eifert.  But then my other pickings were slim, unless I wanted to start #boobie, which I most certainly did not.  With 16 teams the waiver wire pickings are slim, so it is hard to get my roster better than those guys I drafted originally.

On to week 3 and hopefully more wins......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been