Monday, September 21, 2015

B365V2.121 - 8 days a week

These 7 day work weeks are really starting to wipe me out. Today marked 15 straight days I have been at work, and by the end of it all I wanted to do was go home and eat and lay down for a bit. So I get home, I toss some pot roast and mashed potatoes in the microwave and fire up ye olde laptop and settle in. I just did the Windows 10 download yesterday and wanted to see if I could figure out where all the bells and whistles were. It still isn't XP, which was my favorite Windows system and saying it is better than Windows 8 would be damning it with faint praise given how much I hate Windows 8, but for now it seems to be better than that, for whatever it is worth.

Spotify failed me today as well, it is supposed to update my suggested listening list every 7 days but I just went back in and it is the same exact list from 8 days ago. So I went searching for some blogging music and settled on some Gene Loves Jezebel. Now where was I?

So I sit down to eat,, and for food from work the pot roast was pretty damn tasty. Thumbs up to that, but after filling my belly and working 15 days in a row I just wanted to lay down, so I grabbed m tablet and played a little MPQ until my eyes got heavy, then I set it down and closed my eyes. That was until someone knocked on my door. Mind you, being the anti social butterfly that I am I get maybe a visitor a year, tops. If I want to get away from everyone I can just come home, nobody else comes here.

Anyway, I am curious as to who is at my door, so I throw on a pair of shorts and answer it. Perhaps one of the reasons no one visits is that as soon as I get home the clothes come off. I am much more comfortable meandering around in my boxers than with clothes on, but if there is someone at the door then yes, I will put clothes on. I get to the door and it is one of the electric utility salespeople. Mind you, they just set someone here last Thursday and apparently my saying no that time wasn't enough for them, so I was somewhat curt with my responses to this gentleman. I mentioned that they were just here last week and he tried to tell me no, they weren't. I kindly replied I think I know who comes to my door when I fucking answer it. Then he started his spiel about rates going up and he could lock me in at a certain price and blah, blah freaking blah, and I replied I heard this all before and my answer hasn't changed it is still no. He said well people are going to keep coming and I said let the, they will get the same treatment you are getting now. If they think they can ear down my anger, they don't know me well at all.

The only plus from that interaction was that I felt like I was starting off in what felt like it was going to be a bad dream. The details are sketchy, but I just know that the person I was dreaming about and I were not getting along. Why can't I dream happy thoughts, like about the barista and Crazy Mocha. My interactions with her have become the highlight of my day. Of course I am now going to make a game of this and see how long we can go before actually introducing ourselves to each other. Yes, the stupid things I do to amuse myself.

Anyway, I should get to bed and try to catch up on some of that sleep that was denied me earlier. And only 10 hours or so until I find out if I can keep my name a secret from the Crazy Mocha barista for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Good Lord! Utility people want to negotiate? I never heard of such a thing! Here, they just slap a rate increase on you, no offers to lock in anything. We're already like prison inmates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was part of utility deregulation we went through a few years back. Now we have companies that promise some phenomenal rate for a year if you sign up, only to screw you on the second year while demanding at least a two year commitment. Or they go door to door and try to scare people about impending increases if you don't switch. It is all about scaring elderly folk out of their money, it just doesn't work with me. as long as the lights come on when I flip the switch I don't need to be making any changes.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been