Thursday, September 24, 2015

B365V2.123 - My inner Ed

So I think I am learning from the master, Ed, when it comes to dealing with our vendors. I was interrupted during my paperwork the other day by our vendor from Everfresh. Nothing unusual about that, that is just part of my day. Truth be told I was interrupted by three vendors on Tuesday, Everfresh, ADL, and Coke, but as the Ferengi in me sometimes notes, only one of these vendors presented an opportunity and that would be the Everfresh vendor.

He came in and started talking about a new product that they would be carrying, the line of Calypso lemonades. I say new, because they may be new to you, they are not so new to me since I already carry them, but from a different vendor. And they do quite well for that vendor (Full Circle) with us, they are the best selling product in their cooler, so I am loathe to change where I get them from. Besides Full Circle pays for space in our store, just like everybody else, so for me to switch vendors on a product you either have to wow me on our cost, or shower me with gifts and prizes. Yes kids, grifting is how the game is played in my chair. I can be bought, but you have to make it worth my while.

If I do switch vendors I have to reorganize the two Everfresh coolers in my store to accommodate the new product, then redo the Full Circle cooler and find new products from them that make it worth their while to continue to do business with us. And truthfully, I think we have tried most of the offerings from Full Circle and we have reached a point where they are happy with the business they are doing and the product lines we are carrying. But having a second vendor just increases my chance to make a better deal for me from one of them.

Let the bidding begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been