Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 348 - 2014 by the numbers

     And this is how I want to wrap up the year, not with a list of posts or happenings, but simply a numerical recap of the year.  The original plan for this project was to do 365 different writings this year, obviously I fell a little bit short of that goal since I am only on entry 348.  That being said, including this entry I did manage to make 438 entries on to the blog this year, not including the cosmetic entries on the bookshelf to the right.

     Some other interesting numbers from the blog......

     This project has pushed the number of individual page views since it first started to 16,383, with the vast majority of them, 11561 to be precise, coming from the United States (of course) followed by Canada with 793 and then, France(?) with 447.  Filling out the list of the top ten countries to visit are Russia, Germany, Australia, Ukraine, Poland, United Kingdom and Sweden.

    Of those visitors, 73% of them use Windows as their operating system.  Macintosh was the only other operating system to garner double digits (11%).. For browsers the leader is Firefox (49%), followed by Explorer (20%), and Chrome (14%).

     Of all of the posts I have done this year, only 1 of them managed to make the top ten of all time viewed posts, June 18th of this year, which came in 9th all time.  The remaining posts in the top ten either came in late in 2013 or when this blog was located on a previous platform (shout out to you Multiply folks).  Amazingly two of those posts are hockey videos, so maybe by posting them I am not wasting my time after all.

     Anyway, that is a quickie synopsis.  I still haven't decided how I will proceed going forward.  I know for certain I will not be ignoring the page, in the last few days it has felt like I was getting a voice back and I don't know if that is just me hitting a not so dry spell or if it is turning a corner of sorts where I am starting to have more urges to write or if the events of the day are such that the ideas come easier.  Whatever the case, I am not going anywhere, so consider yourself warned, I just haven't established a timetable yet for how often I will be here yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been